Author Topic: Alfred GROVES and Elizabeth Evans JONES  (Read 12152 times)

Offline LYNIE

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alfred GROVES and Elizabeth Evans JONES
« on: Monday 22 December 08 03:25 GMT (UK) »
hi again.....i need some help with alfred groves b 1863 carlton vic married elizabeth evans jones b 1871 romsey victoria..they married 1890 carlton victoria....have most of the groves side ..but elizabeths parents were john robert jones and sarah broadfoot...have most of the broadfoot line but john robert jones b 1820 united kingdom d victoria...i have no date of his death or if his parents migrated with him ....cheers lyn
stephen, skeehan,carr,jones,lilburne,eicke,.....brown,mensforth,preston,groves,king,broadfoot,carver....flannery,normington,dickins....bowers phipps,swinscoe,plumridge.....ashman

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: alfred groves and elizabeth evans jones
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 December 08 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynie

There is a John Robert Jones death - parents unknown - died  1884 Melbourne Hospital - age 64 - ref# 13119

Thats the only death for John Robert JONES in Vic 1836-1888
Maybe thats him

Is a few John Robert Jones's births

Daizi

Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline LYNIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 December 08 05:06 GMT (UK) »
HI DAIZI    thanks for the reply , and i agree yes it must be him .....thanx heaps ..lyn

stephen, skeehan,carr,jones,lilburne,eicke,.....brown,mensforth,preston,groves,king,broadfoot,carver....flannery,normington,dickins....bowers phipps,swinscoe,plumridge.....ashman

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 December 08 05:07 GMT (UK) »
Lynie

Do you know roughly when he came to Oz 

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia

Offline LYNIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 December 08 05:15 GMT (UK) »
hi daizi...all i no is he married sarah broadfoot in 1854 in collingwood victoria .....so i guess anywhere from his birth date 1820  to wedding date 1854 he could have arrived ....cheers lyn

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 December 08 05:31 GMT (UK) »
.but elizabeths parents were john robert jones and sarah broadfoot... john robert jones b 1820 united kingdom d victoria...i have no date of his death or if his parents migrated with him .

Where did you get the info b. 1820 England?  Marriage Cert?

Elizabeth has seven siblings so surely one of those birth certs would give you info, if the marriage cert reveals little.

You may have a problem if he emigrated before 1852 as an unassisted emigrant...records are a little thin on the ground.  There is Marion Buttons "Argus" index but you would have to find a library or genealogy group that has that into.  Mmmm to find a name John JONES on the Assisted immigrants is going to be a testing exercise ;) ;)  Let hope the death reg that Daizi found may be his :)

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 December 08 06:14 GMT (UK) »
i had a look at PROV site,  and yes John JONES are plentiful.....

Also had a look at the Inquest CD,   if you had a Robert John James JONES that died in 1957 (Struck by train)  his inquest is available......

Daizi

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 22 December 08 06:52 GMT (UK) »
hi daizi...all i no is he married sarah broadfoot in 1854 in collingwood victoria .....so i guess anywhere from his birth date 1820  to wedding date 1854 he could have arrived ....cheers lyn

Are you taking this info from your Pioneer Index or have you some other family history details?  Just curious really.   If you had his parents' names we may be able to find him on the 1841 census.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LYNIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 22 December 08 10:12 GMT (UK) »
hi cando......re john robert jones .....i had a friend look up on ancestory . com for me and she came up with a maybe for his parents...john robert jones b 1819 scotland....parents robert jones and margaret evans....she said there is no death dates on there but she said it may point us in the right direction, and maybe look up on the cds to find out if there is a death in melbourne for these people...cheers lyn...also evans is the middle name for john and sarahs  daughter elizabeth evans jones ....