Author Topic: Blaggs of East Markham and area  (Read 3588 times)

Offline YukonHall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Blaggs of East Markham and area
« on: Monday 07 February 05 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Looking for anyone researching  the family of Blagg - I have recently discovered a connection in my family - the name goes back to John Blagg from East Markham born in about 1714.  My most recent connection is through James Rollinson (or Rawlinson) who married Eliza Mary Blagg in 1852 they lived in Bolton Lancashire after that but she was born in Ordsall Nottinghamshire.  They would be the grandparents of my grandparents.
Frances
FB

Offline Mable

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Blaggs of East Markham and area
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 February 05 03:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have a Francis  Blagg born 1843 at Car Colston Nottinghamshire his father was his father was Thomas Blagg birn abt.1802 in

Offline YukonHall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 February 05 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
this part of my family is entirely new to me.  I am trying to sketch out the family, filling in the blanks.  Your Francis could be my relative - who knows - Car Colston is farther south than East Markham but Blagg is not a common name so there could be connection!   My great whatever number granfather, James Rollinson, married twice and both his wives came from Nottinghamshire - he was from Lancashire and they lived there in Bolton.  So there is a diffinite reason he would go to Nottinghamshire - perhaps visiting family or because of business (he was a butcher) I need to research this some more.  Is Francis Blagg a member of your family?
THanks for replying
Frances
FB

Offline Mable

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 February 05 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
My Gt. Gt. Grandfather was Robert Barlow it was his sister Mary that married Francis Blagg 6 november 1890 at South Collingham Nottm.
Would you like to give me your e-mail and I can fill you in on what I have on them.

Mable.

Offline YukonHall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mable,
I am if you want to write to me. 
I found a Blagg in New Jersey who might be one of ours -
Frances
FB