Author Topic: Ancestry help - Koshelanyk  (Read 4470 times)

Offline shaunadavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry help - Koshelanyk
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 03:18 GMT (UK) »
HI, Thanks again Kaja. I did already find them in the census. He wasn't here in the 1901 or if he was he was probably in the immigration sheds in Wpg or enroute to Caliento, Manitoba. I can find his marriage in 1903, but can't find him in the 1906 census or his wife or the first kid (Wasyl) . They are findable in the 1911 census, but his immigration is a mystery. IN the 1911 census he lists his immigration as 190? looks like it could be a 2 or a 3. But since they were married in Jan 1903, I highly doubt he immigrated to Canada, landed in the east, travelled to Southern Manitoba and woed his to-be-wife all in 22 days. He might be good, but I think his name should be Bond, James Bond, then. LOL

I've tried the US ports, canadian ports, even the ports in Hamburg, Rotterdam and other ports, NOTHING. The listings in the census only give a year and there are ALOT of ships that arrive in 1901 and 1902. So I will have to find out a bit more or wait for the Canadian ship lists to be searchable by name.

Thanks again. Shauna

Wilson, Brown, Oliver, Kurenski, Koshelanyk, Lazaruk, Pichlyk, Perrett, Wall, Harder

Offline Fallon McCadden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry help - Koshelanyk
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 August 13 15:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Shauna,

I'm also doing research on my Great Grandfather Anton Koshelanyk and my Great Grandmother Maria Pichlyk. My Grandfather was John Koshelanyk who was born on 02/01/1915. I believe he was one of 14 children, 5 boys and 9 girls.  My Grandmother was Jane Koshelanyk maiden name McGunnigle from Glasgow Scotland. They both died in 1964 in Vancouver.
Please email me or facebook me with any information: * or Star McCadden on facebook.

Best wishes

:)(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php