Author Topic: MANN and LOUGHRIE birthplaces  (Read 17879 times)

Offline overmann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MANN and LOUGHRIE birthplaces
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 04:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks aghadowey.  Do you have any dates (bmd) or other info for John Ellis, son of Daniel Ellis and Mary Hanson?

According to notes typed by my grandfather's sister in 1933, Daniel's father John (Jack) Ellis (my gt gt gt grandfather) was a farmer and the proprietor of Toome Eel Fisheries. Apparently, he and his wife Mary had 10 sons.  Of these we only know of Daniel, Leslie (a farmer at Ballymaconnelly), Hugh (a doctor in Kilrea), James (a lawyer in USA), and Joshua (who fought in the American civil war).  Do you have any info for this family?
Ulster - Mann, Ellis, McClusky, Church, Hanson
Essex - Overall, Harvey
Norfolk - Fiddy, Clarke, Grix

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 08:12 BST (UK) »
The only information I have is what I posted- I wasn't given dates and it's the Hanson connection that was of interest so I have nothing on the Mann family.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Danade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 July 12 03:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this thread!   I am researching Martha Hanson, sister of Mary.  Martha married John McCandless and moved to Philadelphia.   Martha's other siblings were Margaret (Peggy) Hanson who died in 1863 (referenced in the thread), William Marcus Hanson, and George.  Martha Hanson is my 4th great grandmother.  I have incorrect dates for her father... does anyone have more information on the Hansons?
Thanks for posting the pictures!!!  They are wonderful!

Offline stuartk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 12 July 12 07:05 BST (UK) »
Hello,
            I am a descendant of George Hanson Of Macleary, Macosquin, Co Derry, Martha Hanson's grandfather I have been trying to find out for years now  where Martha Hanson & John McCandless ended up !
I have one photo from Philidelphia in my Hanson Album. I wonder if this could be a connection with your family ? 
I have done extensive research on the the Hanson family in Ireland (where I was born) .
I would be delighted to share information with you and I am intrigued  after all of these years  to find out more about Martha HansoRegards  Richard

Offline Danade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 July 12 08:41 BST (UK) »
I'd love to see that picture, we have none!  Martha and John came to Philadelphia in 1848 with their children.  I'm a descendent of their oldest son Samuel.   I will email you so we can exchange information!

Offline shelly59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 12 July 12 17:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this thread!   I am researching Martha Hanson, sister of Mary.  Martha married John McCandless and moved to Philadelphia.   Martha's other siblings were Margaret (Peggy) Hanson who died in 1863 (referenced in the thread), William Marcus Hanson, and George.  Martha Hanson is my 4th great grandmother.  I have incorrect dates for her father... does anyone have more information on the Hansons?
Thanks for posting the pictures!!!  They are wonderful!

Hello! I'm Shelly, Dana's sister and I am so thrilled that she was clever enough to find this website and connect with you, Stuart. I have been researching the McCandless family for a while now and this is just too exciting!  I have been to Northern Ireland several times, but never knew where to look.   I am really looking forward to the three of us combining what we know and connecting all those loose ends.  :)
McCandless, Rankin, and Hanson

Offline shelly59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 20 July 12 20:35 BST (UK) »
Dear Overmann,

Margaret A.H. Ellis Mann is my great x4 grandmother Martha McCandless' ( nee Hanson) niece. It is so exciting to see a picture of her, thank you for sharing that. I am currently researching the McCandless and Hanson families and would love to share what I have found.

Offline shelly59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 20 July 12 20:39 BST (UK) »
General Question:  Are the Coleraine Chronicle archives on-line, and if so, what do I need to do to access them?
Thanks! ;D

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 20 July 12 20:43 BST (UK) »
The Coleraine Chronicle (and the rest of the Coleraine papers) are not available online. Coleraine Library, Queen St., does have microfilmed copies.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!