Author Topic: "Constance" ? 1855  (Read 12494 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: "Constance" ? 1855
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Orangetang
I am waiting on a response to my posting.I am sure we must have information to share.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 03 March 12 01:18 GMT (UK) »
We now consider that the person who wrote the mystery poem "Rambling Thoughts" mentioning various members of the Hendy family,may have been a brother of Margaret Maria Long who married Thomas Hendy.
George Frederick Long born Kildare Ireland C1828 and died here 29 Dec 1893,arrived Victoria 1866 and is likely to be a brother of Margaret Maria (Long) Hendy.
The initials G.F.L appear at the foot of the poem.
The parents of George Frederick Long were Robert Long a militia captain and Sarah (Hill).
I am still to verify if this is correct and establish if there were other siblings.

Suggestions appreciated.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline aircargo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 06:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Lazarus,
My great grandmother was Georgina Hendy she married Thomas Davis my great grandfather. He died in Eaglehawke Bendigo from from TB.Thank you for the information on the Constance I knew nothing about it. I am aware that what I have been reading was posted in 2009 but I am hoping you are still seeking information and that you may have more to share. I may have cetificates that you don't have. I would love to know where you fit.
 Regards Orangetang
Hi Orangetang, My Great Grandmother was also Georgina Hendy m Thomas Davis my Great Grandfather. My grandparent was one of their six children, only three survived past childhood? You must be related to one of these? New to all this research and techie process so I hope this gets inserted properly. What do you know about the children? I found this by using Google!

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 06:50 BST (UK) »
Hello aircargo.
I see this is your first posting.Welcome to RootsChat.
I have connected with Orangetang and helping with research this family.
My own connection is through the Hendy family of Kamarooka.
Assuming I am correcy Thomas Davis was bC1858 Geelong and died 1904.He is buried at Eaglehawke.
I believe Thomas and Georgina had six children,but only Ruby,Victor and perhaps Reginald lived beyond childhood.
You will need to make one more post before we can facilitate PM feature and exchange email addresses.Which one was your grandparent?

Offline Orangetang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 08:29 BST (UK) »
Hi aircargo, How exciting seeing your posting. You are the first Hendy and Davis contact I have had. It would be great to catch up. I am not sure how we make contact but please respond and we can work it out. All this computer stuff is also new to me regards  Orangetang.

Offline aircargo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:32 BST (UK) »
Thrilled to see your post. My Grandfather was Reginald who lived into his 90s. Who does O descend from?

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hello aircargo
I have sent you a PM.

Rex

Offline lma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 18 August 12 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi

My great grandmother was Laura Agnes Hendy whose parents were Thomas Hendy and Margaret Maria Long.  They had twelve children and were from Baltinglass, Wicklow, Ireland.

I have a great deal of info on this family.

Cheers
Lisa

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 18 August 12 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Lisa
Hoping to hear from you soon.I have sent you a PM containing my email address and waiting to hear from you.I was aware that two Hendy women married two McKenzie women.
Please confirm when this is received.

Rex