Author Topic: Murphy's from Darrynane/derrynane  (Read 1867 times)

Offline bracaragh

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • great granny murphy
    • View Profile
Murphy's from Darrynane/derrynane
« on: Friday 02 January 09 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Searching for any MURPHY's with roots in Derrynane/Darrynane.
My great grandfather originated from there and I would love to make contact with any descendants, and maybe share histories.
 :D :D :D
PS I also checked out the 1911 census and found 2 Murphy families living in this townland .......I'm very interested in this.
My great garandfather was CROHANE MURPHY, his father was CHARLES MURPHY (farmer darryane beg). On the 1911 census I find a Charles with a son Crohane!! The other Murphy is named Michael. My great grandfathers 1st born was Michael. I think that somehow or other these people were related to mine......?maybe this Charles was a brother to my Crohane. There's just too many coincidences!
Also...the 1911 census staes his occupation as postman and I know that when my mother used to visit another branch of the family they always referred to the local postie as "your gran's cousin".
Here's hoping one of the Murphy descendants reads this..........fingers crossed.
O'Leary/Leary, Mcgillycuddy, Murphy, Hawbrook, Kirk, Harris, Marlow, Dimes, Gallivan, Fitzgerald, Kelly