Author Topic: Anyone who has access to ScotlandsPeople?  (Read 6616 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone who has access to ScotlandsPeople?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 March 13 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Blimey, indeed, cat1968  ;D

This is why RootsChat works! 

TT xxx hasn't been online since September last year, but should receive an email alerting him or her to your email. Notifications work most of the time, unless people change email providers or gremlins etc.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cat1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 March 13 20:29 GMT (UK) »
I know Monica, plus I came by my add from years back after searching on the area of Auchtermuchty today. :)
Cook,Palmer,Thomson,Welch,Fawell,Craven,Armit,Mill,Perks,Welsh,Cockburn,Cathie,Mclaren ,Smith,Williamson,Adamson,Geachie
Farmer,Blyth,Kerr,Wallace,Arnott,Walker,Rae
Caldwell,Beveridge,Hughes,Penman,Leitch,Morris, Pottie, Paterson,Payne, Porter,Ramsay, Reid,Robertson,Sim, Stark,  Hall,Stenhouse,Johnstone,Nish,Smart,Anderson, Adams,Simpson,Stevens,Stewart,Stoker,Taylor,Todd,
Forsyth,Elder,Davidson,Dawson,Deer,Dodds,Donelly,Duff,Duncan,Dunn,Donachie,Craig,Cormie,

Offline Eames

• RootsChat Member
  • Percy George Eames
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 March 13 21:48 GMT (UK) »

TT xxx hasn't been online since September last year, but should receive an email alerting him or her to your email. Notifications work most of the time, unless people change email providers or gremlins etc.

This one worked :D Crikey forgot about the post. I've been working (got the job back in August). I was doing this on behalf of my aunt's now ex partner, but I should be able to contact aunt and pass the message on to the chap. The names rang bells, I remember doing it and their names despite surname being COOK.

I'll get back to you on this

T
Rossiter - Gloucestershire
Daw - Wiltshire
Mingo - Devon/Canada
Eames - London/Middlesex
O'Leary - Cork & London
Field - Kent & Sussex
Bourn - Sussex
Mewett (not related, but was gggrandad's 1st marriage). Sussex
Hayes - Limerick
McNulty - Dublin?
And many more to list.

Offline cat1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 March 13 23:06 GMT (UK) »
That is so good to hear as I am also a wee bit curious as to who this chap is. :)
Cook,Palmer,Thomson,Welch,Fawell,Craven,Armit,Mill,Perks,Welsh,Cockburn,Cathie,Mclaren ,Smith,Williamson,Adamson,Geachie
Caldwell,Beveridge,Hughes,Penman,Leitch,Morris, Pottie, Paterson,Payne, Porter,Ramsay, Reid,Robertson,Sim, Stark,  Hall,Stenhouse,Johnstone,Nish,Smart,Anderson, Adams,Simpson,Stevens,Stewart,Stoker,Taylor,Todd,
Forsyth,Elder,Davidson,Dawson,Deer,Dodds,Donelly,Duff,Duncan,Dunn,Donachie,Craig,Cormie,

Offline cat1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 25 April 13 13:56 BST (UK) »
Fingers crossed I get a reply back again. :)

Offline cat1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 July 15 18:25 BST (UK) »

This one worked :D Crikey forgot about the post. I've been working (got the job back in August). I was doing this on behalf of my aunt's now ex partner, but I should be able to contact aunt and pass the message on to the chap. The names rang bells, I remember doing it and their names despite surname being COOK.

I'll get back to you on this

T

Hi there,

Been a few years now and no word back
My mum's  Brothers all from same mother and father and  I believe the Brothers were all adopted but not via other family members.
I am trying to trace any living Brothers, Alec, Archie, Robert and I do know that Billy is no longer alive.

This is very important to me and as the years come in quickly my Uncles also get older as do I.
Plus you never know when its your time lol

Offline cat1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 July 15 10:11 BST (UK) »
Last night thanks to facebook I found a good many members of the Cook family from Fife areas.
Aunts and Cousins etc, felt like Christmas had come early. :)

There is one of my mums Brother's Archie Cook I have still to find, and he changed his name so that will be difficult to trace him.
If anyone knows his whereabouts and he is still alive it would be great to contact him :)