Author Topic: Kate Eade - continued  (Read 27182 times)

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Eade - continued
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 04 January 09 11:54 GMT (UK) »
 1881 census:  RG11; Piece: 1112; Folio: 130; Page: 14; This is what gave the name Mary Roe.

She re-married as Mary Eade, but haven't found a marriage yet.

Added:

Jaymee, I thought on the marriage cert, Kate listed her father as Horace?
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Daisy i just remembered and noted that as well...

I think we are getting ourselves into knots lol.

SO

Fact we have marriage cert for Kate Eade and Morris, SHE says father is Horace Eade MORRIS says his  father is WILLIAM BENNETT.

Then us rootchatters researched and found a perfect match for wife, children and dates with a WILLIAM EADE, Horace was never found.

So everyones happy.

Until Caesar Augustus EADE rides into battle....

I think somewhere we have taken a wrong turn, but is the CLUE In the younger Kate EADE living with WILLIAM BENNETT or is that another red herron?

Jaymee

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Taking all the information that has been posted here, there is another possible story emerging.

Found in 1881: Cesaer Eade & Mary Roe

Kate was b. 1885, to mother Mary Hawkins/Roe (her birth cert could be ordered to ascertain Mary's real maiden name)

Cesaer apparently died in 1885, and Mary Hawkins/Roe re-married as Mary Eade to Thomas White in 1886.  By 1891, it appears that Thomas had cleared the scene, and we find Mary White living with a lodger, William Bennett, born in Sunbury.

In 1901, we find them again, this time Mary married to William (b.sunbury)

It appears to me, that this Mary was either very unlucky in love, or....something!  How she got all these men to marry her with all these children, is beyond me!

It fits to Kate Eade, 1) it's a better age match for marriage cert 2) it would explain why she went into service at 14 3) why she is listed as stepdaughter to William in 1901  I'm just disappointed that there seems to be no Horace in the picture yet!

Edit: You know, she may not have remembered her father's name, if he HAD died the same year as her birth, which could explain why Horace?

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Jaymee and Daisy Loo,

Those are various of the points I was trying to make, I think.

We see the 1881 census with Caesar EADE (single), Mary ROE (married), and HAWKINS and ROE children.  None of Mary's or the HAWKINS's children nor the ROE's children's relationships are stated.

So why do we make any connexion with Mary EADE who later married WHITE and who is possibly the Mary EADE who later married BENNETT?

I'm not rejecting such possibilities just asking for proof.

Incidentally, Kate/Catherine etc EADE is not a rare name ...

And EADE is not an uncommon name.

Again ....

it would be very helpful if people could go back and provide answers to all the specific questions which have been asked here and on the other thread!

Kindest regards,

JAP

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Yeah i think it is highly likely she didnt know her father's name, it's one of the reasons we accepted William so easily into the family.

BUT the MORRIS family list clearly with a date Caesar Aug. EADE, I wonder why they thought that?  Such a strange name for the time.

But then they dont look futhur back.

I am going to look into the cesus you just pointed out Daisy you could be onto something there, but i need to digest it all.

So not talking about that yet as i dont grasp it all.

Jaymee

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Jaymee,

Sorry, but it's all too easy to leap from person to person who are possibly connected.

Proof is needed - especially from certificates.

All the very very best,

JAP

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:20 GMT (UK) »
THanks JAP  yeah i know you mentioned all those possibilities!  Your a smart cookie.

Well really what i am trying to work out is

ADA is step sister to Kate Eade and Her Son marries Kate Eade's daughter.

Have i got the wrong William Bennett?

Have i go the wrong William Eade?

Is the truth to who is the  right Bennett/Eade in the fact both families have a Kate Eade.

Is the second Kate Eade a red herron and i have the wrong Bennett parents for Ada?

Jay

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Not a problem JAP

I have some leads to follow now, and ideas of birth/m/d certs to order,

i appreciate your time.

Just mainly wanted to see if Kate eade the second was a real person or the older Kate listed in two places at once.

thanks for the well wishes

Jaymee

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 04 January 09 12:26 GMT (UK) »
In the 1891 census, Mary White has 4 children who were born in Ash, Surrey, one of whom is Catherine.  This was where Mary Roe was living with this Caeser Eade Sorry, I got that wrong.  It was where the father was born, and, and where Kate Eade was born and the four other children of Mary Roe were born.  That was one link.

No-one is leaping from person to person, just all avenues need to be explored.  And I agree, certs need to be got...but no-one had found a birth cert for Kate Eade, right?  Not that fitted with the marriage cert.  This is fun, and yes, it can get twisted into knots, but at the end of the day, if we are all enjoying hunting around, and Jaymee finds out the true links, then its all for a good cause. :)

Also, the Bennetts were related to Jaymee's tree in another direction, to find that in one of their census's, a stepdaughter called Kate Eade, is far to much of a coincidence to ignore.  That line had to be explored :)