Author Topic: Kate Eade - continued  (Read 27186 times)

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kate Eade - continued
« on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hey everyone, sorry to start a new post but just wanting to see what you think of this.

So in researching another branch of my family tree, Ernest Albert Pizzey (Millie's husband).  If you remember Millie's mother is Kate Eade.

URL: http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/billycourty/treegraph.jpg

As you can see from the partial family tree above; Ernest Pizzey's mother and father are George and Ada Bennett, THEN Ada's parents are William and Mary Bennett (we dont have and are looking for Mary's maiden name). In the 1901 census we found something strange, William and Mary have a stepdaughter living with them called KATE EADE as you can see in the two pictures below.

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/billycourty/clearlist.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/billycourty/writtenlist.jpg

Still with me? lol

Ok the real headspinner:  The daughter (Ada) and the stepdaughter (Kate) grow up and their own children (Millicent and Ernest Albert) get married.....

Or do they?

In the 1891 census we find Kate Eade with her parents (William and Ellen Eade), we dont find in the same census a stepdaughter Kqte Eqde with the Bennett family.

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/billycourty/clearlistEade1891.jpg

And in the 1901 census we find a second Kate Eade who seems to be living with her mum and siblings.....

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/billycourty/clearlistEade1901.jpg

Is this 2 Kate Eades? Ages slightly different, in 2 different locations on the same census...(how likely would this be?)

Or are these 2 families somehow interwoven.....

Jaymee

Moderator comment: screen-shots of information from another site removed.  Please ensure that any such images do not breach copyright.  Thanks

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Eade - continued
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:18 GMT (UK) »
If the Kate Eade in the Bennett family is a stepdaughter, would she be a natural daughter to the wife? 

Added: looks like she is on the census...mother listed as Mary...wonder if you';; find Mary married before to a HORACE  ;D
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Yes i think she would be a daughter (if she exists) to the wife.

But she isnt with this family in the 1891 census (when she should be 6yos). We searched families for a Kate Eade 6yos but had no parents that fit.

But the question really is, is the younger kate real and there is indeed two Kate's.  meaning younger kate's mother was married before and had her or if she is ILLEGITIMATE then EADE would be Mary's maiden name.

Thus both sets of great great grandparents share the last name EADE (where the families are totally separate) and live in the same few streets of london.

Or it's my older Kate in two houses but different ages.

Added: i need a maiden name for Mary so if i found she was married before that would give me a trail. 

anyway my head hurts

Jaymee

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Why do you not look for Millicent's birth reg for a MMN?
Can't see why her mother should be Kate though, (don't expect prior knowledge of me)

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Eade - continuts
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Kate Eade is Millie's mother and Kate Eade's Maiden name is EADE.

BUT

This is not about Millie she is happy. I just mentioned her because she marries Ernest Pizzey, who's great grandparents have a step daughter Kate Eade, who grows up in the same house as as a sister to Ada Bennett.....

Ok now my head hurts again

I don't need Kate Eade's maiden name i need Mary,  Kate Eade's mothers maiden name and Mary is not the first Kate's mother.

Now your head hurts

Jaymee

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Kate Eade is Millie's mother and Kate Eade's Maiden name is EADE.
You have not stated how you know this to be fact.

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Do you have William & Mary Bennett in 1891?  Just that I haven't found them, and they would have had Daisy & Ada at this stage... do you have the ref. no.s? for the bennett 1891 census?

Am looking at marriages...just wanted to confirm birthplaces etc...

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:54 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,350289.0.html

Pauline, there's a huge long story here about Kate Eade, and Millie's relationship :)

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 03 January 09 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Daisy Loo.

I would have posted this in that post but it was getting long and not so relevant to this question.

I hope i didnt sound rude Pauline, i didnt mean to not explain properly, when Millie's birth cert comes i think i will tatoo it on my arm :)

I can't find them on the 1891 either (yet) which made me start to doubt if Kate Eade (with the Bennett's was just Kate Eade of the Eade's )

Then Ada and Kate (like sisters) marry their children together.

Or is Kate Eade (Bennett) a real EADE with Mary's maiden name or a married name that links to my Eade family on the original Kate's side. 

Or there are just lots of Kate Eades and its a coincidence.