Author Topic: Kate Eade - continued  (Read 27194 times)

Offline Salkattap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Eade - continued
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hello BERM,  my grandmother was Charlotte Horne and met Kennedy O'Brien Martyn towards the end of the Great War.  My mother, Ruth Katherine Horne was born at a Mother and Baby home in Mere, Wiltshire in May 1919.  She was brought up by her mother and aunt who were both working in service for a very kind and sympathetic employer in South Kensington.  My mother remembered her father, whom she referred to as Uncle Kob, as he regularly visited her until she was about 6 or 7. 

Offline BERM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 10:56 BST (UK) »
Maybe he fathered a few children.  In those days employers were naughty and got away with it.   Kate Eade I think was employed as a Nurse maid.  I think we can personal message each other, to see connection.  Can't remember a the moment if she worked for him without looking things up.

Offline BERM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 10:58 BST (UK) »
You know Kensington is near where my family lived in Hammersmith thats where I was till 12 years old and my Mum was a pizzey brought up in the hounslow area.  Pizzey is the family my Gran married into.

Offline dennisrichards49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Berm
You said yesterday that your Gran's mother was Kate Eade. That confuses me greatly.
Ada White (Bennett) who I think is your Gran was the daughter of Mary Hawkins. Kate Eade was Ada White's sister. Millie Barbara Eade (who went by her stepfather's surname Morris) was Kate Eade's daughter.
I have Millie's birth certificate.  Here are the details:
21 December 1912, Maternity Hospital 271 Mare Street, Hackney; Millie Barbara; Father: BLANK; Mother: Kate Eade (Domestic Servant) of 7 Montague Road, Acton; Informant: Kate Eade, Mother, Maternity Hospital 271 Mare Road Hackney; Registered 31st December 1912
Ten years ago (wow time flies) I worked on this very complicated family group. All resulting from Mary Hawkins having 5 partners and 9 children. Mary Hawkins' father was Josiah Hawkins my 2nd Great Grandfather. Brenda you are my 3rd cousin
Regards
Dennis
Cockatoo, Victoria, Australia

Offline BERM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 09:49 BST (UK) »
Yes you are completely correct.  I'm getting my stuff confused.  Since I lost my dog my mind is adaled  And I got another year older, to make it worse.  It's one thing after the other at the moment, my computer's are playing up and it's only when I come on this one your messages come through.  There's a bad cloud over this house or the deceased relatives have come back to have fun with me  Sorry.   

Offline dennisrichards49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 12:37 BST (UK) »
Don't worry Brenda. We all get thinks mixed up sometimes. I'm sure those relatives are having a good laugh. As I said that family group was the most complicated I've ever come across. Lots of partners, lots of children, some "illegitimate", variable and changing surnames, marrying husband's brother and so on. Not at all straightforward.
If you have any questions you think I could answer please ask
Regards
Dennis
Your Australian cousin