Author Topic: ***COMPLETED*** Can anyone do a look-up please at Carlow County Library?  (Read 5309 times)

Offline TonyR

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
***COMPLETED*** Can anyone do a look-up please at Carlow County Library?
« on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, I would appreciate if anyone goes to Carlow County Library & could do a look-up for me please.

According to this webpage Carlow County Library has a CD of BMDs for Carlow http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlcar2/Library_electronic.htm

Here's what it says on webpage - "The register of births, deaths and marriages from even Carlow's smallest towns and villages are available on C.D. form in Carlow County Library. And it's all thanks to the work of local historian, Michael Purcell and a Massachusetts woman, Sue Clements".

So, if anyone can help I'm after births of Sarah Murphy around 1838 & Patrick Rooney 1828-1838.  All I know about Sarah & Patrick is they married in St Patricks RC Church Rathvilly 1859, but no fathers' details or ages were shown.  Patrick might have been in Army before marriage so his birth may be nearer 1828.  Many thanks, TonyR.
Rooney Carlow/Wicklow to Dublin to Belfast to Birmingham. Johnston & Smyth Co Down. Crowe & Ryan Tipperary. Day, Rhodes & Johnston Barrow-in-Furness. Day, Bailey & Page Bedford. Day & Mead Somerset. Rhodes, White & Taylor Swadlincote. Reynolds Haverfordwest. Weekly Fishguard. Barzey Wales.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone do a look-up please at Carlow County Library?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 January 09 23:27 GMT (UK) »
If you read farther down in the link it sounds as though all the records haven't been done yet: "Tullow, Arles, Killabin, Killeshin, Mayo and Doonane have already been treated while the records of Ballon and Rathvilly are next on the list."
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline TonyR

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone do a look-up please at Carlow County Library?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 January 09 07:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi aghadowey, forgot to add in original post that the secretary of St Patricks in Rathvilly kindly searched the Church Registers for me & couldn't find any baptisms for Sarah & Patrick.  Hence the request for a look-up in surrounding areas of Carlow & hopefully more records have been done by now, as the webpage is dated October 2007.

So it's fingers-crossed that Sarah & Patrick's baptisms will be in a nearby parish & info will lead me to the next generation of ancestors, well that's the idea anyway!  Regards, TonyR.
Rooney Carlow/Wicklow to Dublin to Belfast to Birmingham. Johnston & Smyth Co Down. Crowe & Ryan Tipperary. Day, Rhodes & Johnston Barrow-in-Furness. Day, Bailey & Page Bedford. Day & Mead Somerset. Rhodes, White & Taylor Swadlincote. Reynolds Haverfordwest. Weekly Fishguard. Barzey Wales.

Offline TonyR

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ***COMPLETED*** Can anyone do a look-up please at Carlow County Library?
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello all, look-up not required anymore - topic now closed.  Thanks for everyone's interest.  TonyR.