Author Topic: Mills/Power family, Woolwich>Canada  (Read 6912 times)

Offline crozier

• RootsChat Senior
  • The past another country? Where's my passport?
    • View Profile
Re: Mills/Power family, Woolwich>Canada
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 February 09 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Have just sent you a private message...all I can say is WOW!
Abbott, Surrey&London. Criswell/Cresswell, Painswick Gloucestershire. MacKenzie, Midlothian&London. King, the Tarrant Valley Dorset&London. Foreman, West Ham. Peters, Bolney/Lewes Sussex&London. Sandgrove, West Ham. Sundgren,Sweden.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Crozier,

I know that you have been trying to message Willye but at the moment it looks like his email address has changed and we have been unable to notify him :'(

I think that I have been able to find willye and have just sent him a message to tell him of your new replies.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kljmac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 October 19 06:15 BST (UK) »
To crozier:

It's interesting that you are seeking INFORMATION about my grandfather Fred.
What is/are the reason(s) for your searches? 

I have only learned today about my unknown uncle Robert (my father's brother it seems), whom I have no recollection of meeting, yet  now know he might be a "Bob Billimore" who was a pallbearer at his mother's funeral (Alice Martha Mills). Interesting eh?  I have been to her  gravesite over the years, along with her husband Frederick Archibald Power's site, and  their infant son Willy.   These graves are in New Westminster, BC Canada, where I was born.

(my father) Son of Fred and Alice was Arthur Herbert Power DOB Jan. 26, 1915.
I am the only direct "Power" relative surviving.....so this all is very awesome.

Hi Willye,

I'm trying to piece together our exact relation, but Frederick Archibald Power is my 3rd great-grandfather - that much I know. I'm a little confused about the surname Power, but it seems to be something to do with service. Forgive me, I'm a little new to this. Robert F Power/Billimore, is my great-great grandfather. His daughter, Thelma Billimore, is my great-grandmother. She unfortunately passed in 1988, 10 years before I was born.

I realize you were posting on here 10 years ago now, but if by chance you're still on here, feel free to send me a message. Maybe not possible as I'm a new member, but fully intend to be active.

Regards, and cheers to all researchers and potential family members! I'm in Vancouver, too.

Offline Cheerio12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 August 21 04:44 BST (UK) »
I see the post by Kljmac who states that Frederick Archibald Power is their 3rd great grandfather, which to me means that we share Power family ancestry.  Frederick A Power was the son of Archibald George Power and Eliza Jane Bray (my great grandparents).  Frederick Archibald Power was also the brother of my grand mother Amy Power, and the other Power siblings (Phoebe, Amy, Ethel, Catherine “Aunt Kitty”. I discovered this post with the help of Willye - who has recently been in touch with me about this thread.

I am in Victoria, as well as my Dad (now 93) who is the nephew of Frederick Archibald Power and the grandson of Archibald George Power. Will send a PM once the messenger is working for me.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 August 21 10:42 BST (UK) »
Cherrio12

If you reply to my message that will give you 3 posts which is the number of posts required for the PM feature to work.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 03 August 21 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Don, it is only two posts  ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kljmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 03 August 21 21:27 BST (UK) »
I see the post by Kljmac who states that Frederick Archibald Power is their 3rd great grandfather, which to me means that we share Power family ancestry.  Frederick A Power was the son of Archibald George Power and Eliza Jane Bray (my great grandparents).  Frederick Archibald Power was also the brother of my grand mother Amy Power, and the other Power siblings (Phoebe, Amy, Ethel, Catherine “Aunt Kitty”. I discovered this post with the help of Willye - who has recently been in touch with me about this thread.

I am in Victoria, as well as my Dad (now 93) who is the nephew of Frederick Archibald Power and the grandson of Archibald George Power. Will send a PM once the messenger is working for me.

How very cool - I've just received this notification, am glad I can still access my account. Hopefully now that I've made two posts, I will be able to utilize the PM feature as well!

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 15 October 21 07:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Don, it is only two posts  ;)

Regards

Sarah

Perhaps the Help section should be updated then since it says:

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

Please note: If you are sending PMs to new members who have less than three posts you will receive an error message, that your limit, or allowed number has been reached. (note that it says your limit, although it actually refers to the recipient.)
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz