Author Topic: thomas hislop paterson from Roxburgh  (Read 3466 times)

Offline luckydog

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
thomas hislop paterson from Roxburgh
« on: Sunday 04 January 09 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi , I am new to Rootschat but have researching my family history for a few years now . Have reached a brick wall with ancestors of Thomas Hislop Paterson born 27th February 1809 at Ancrum , Roxburgh . His father was John Paterson ( the brick wall !!) and his mother was Isabella Hislop . Thomas married twice , first to Margaret Tait and then to Helen Bearap . Any help gratefully recieved .

Offline Camart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: thomas hislop paterson from Roxburgh
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 April 09 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi , I am new to Rootschat but have researching my family history for a few years now . Have reached a brick wall with ancestors of Thomas Hislop Paterson born 27th February 1809 at Ancrum , Roxburgh . His father was John Paterson ( the brick wall !!) and his mother was Isabella Hislop . Thomas married twice , first to Margaret Tait and then to Helen Bearap . Any help gratefully recieved .

T H Paterson b 1810 d 1877       Margaret Tait b 1803 d 1852    John Paterson ( Gardener at Galasheils House ) born 1776 d 26 Sept 1842 Isabella b 1780 d 14 Feb 1852 . John was the son of Thomas Hislop married to Barbara Dick.  I think Helen Bearup is the correct spelling was b 1818    d 13 Dec 1902   m 1 Dec 1854 resident at 5 Ladhope Bank Galasheils

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 April 09 08:14 BST (UK) »
Hello

Apologies - have deleted the remainder of the post - didn't read your post properly.  I take it you've got the will below.

Regards,   Steve  :)

Paterson Thomas Hislop 02/04/1877 Teacher, Ladhope Bank, Galashiels, d. 15/01/1877 at Galashiels, testate   Selkirk Sheriff Court SC63/

Offline Camart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 April 09 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi ..thanks for that info. I don't have the Will but would be pleased and intrigued to see it, as well as to share with you other data I have on this line of Patersons.  The photograph I have atttached is of T H Paterson III , wife Sarah ( nee Prince ).

Is there some way we can get in touch direct ?

Gordon

Offline ashtree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 April 12 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Camart, the only Paterson death I can find in the Old Parish Registers with the date "26 Sept 1842" was a child James Paterson, 3 months old, son of Thomas Paterson, but in Kilsyth, Stirling. 
Can you give the sources for the death your John Paterson, Gardener at Galashiels House, and for Isabella Paterson MS Hislop.
Thank you