Author Topic: Any information  (Read 1903 times)

Offline meathead

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Any information
« on: Sunday 04 January 09 18:29 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out anything about my husbands grandfather John Murphy, born around 1885, unsure where but died in castleisland in county kerry, he married catherine cunningham and they had 22 children, although many died.

I have looked on the 1911 census, but cannot see them together and not knowing their parents I cant pick them out.

Wonder if anyone had any more information of where I can get it.

Thanks

Tracey
Wilson, Gosling, Coupland, Reeson, Clark, Meeds, Fowler, Walker, Gledhill

Offline sarahsean

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any information
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 January 09 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Would you know when they married? If so you could order the marriage cert from the record office in Dublin.

I tried looking up Catherine in the 1911 census and there were only two listed could it be that they were not living together at the time? That they were unmarried?

Could you get a birth certificate for any of the children? Have you tried looking up any of the childrens names in the census?

Hope this helps
Regards
Sarah
Dowding
Hall
Butt

Offline meathead

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Any information
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 January 09 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Not ordered a marriage certificate yet because the site I have seen wants the parents names and I dont know these.  Maybe I should try another!

I have the birth certificate of their son who was born in 1923 (my husbands father), but not sure which order of the 22 children he came in.

Tracey
Wilson, Gosling, Coupland, Reeson, Clark, Meeds, Fowler, Walker, Gledhill