Author Topic: Hastie family Peebles  (Read 13959 times)

Offline luckydog

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hastie family Peebles
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 20:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the post cabsav
I would be very interested in seeing your photographs. My mother destroyed all the photographs from my fathers side of the family on the basis that she did not recognise anybody in them so I have almost no photographs of my fathers family. John Dickson Hastie was my great great grandfather and Will Hastie was my grandfather. I never met any of my fathers aunts or uncles. I will send you my email by private message which will make it easier to send photos.
Mike

Offline mayland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 July 13 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hello cabsav, I am Ruth, and I think it was your wedding that I was part of as a bridesmaid. I now live in calgary and at present am visiting mum, Anne and my dad John in Scotland. The Hastie family history is interesting, thank you for responding. Mum sends her love.

Offline cabsav

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 July 13 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth , thanks for your post . I'm Ken Wells ,your mum's cousin..... you were a bridesmaid at my sister Carolyn's wedding not mine !! Pass  on my sincere regards your mum and dad....are they back living in Stonehaven ? If you send me your email address I'll send you some photos of the Hastie's for your collection .I am now retired and live in sunny Queensland ,Australia .

Offline mayland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 05 August 13 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken,
mum and dad are very well and healthy thank you and they asked me to pass along their regards. Mum was very interested to hear that you are in Australia!

I am in the Uk visiting my daughter and grandchildren, however, I live in Calgary, Canada now.

Best,
Ruth