Author Topic: German Immigrants - DIEHL  (Read 14277 times)

Offline badmama

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: German Immigrants - DIEHL
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 01 December 13 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Gortonboy for your suggestion, I'm quite confused with the Lenz/Miller's.

Maybe someone out there has the death certificate of Caspar Miller 1860   ??

It isn't really my family but connected by Elizabeth Hoffman who married Casper Lenz (sister to my Conrad Hoffman).

I have a few certificates of the Lenz family and it's either Lenz or double barrelled Lenz Miller. Henry son of (Casper and Elizabeth) birth cert. he was Lenz married as Lenz but on his death certificate he was Miller Lenz and 1881 census Henry was Miller Long.

It has been suggested to me that John Miller on the 1861 census is actually Casper Lenz.

To anglicise the name Lenz to Miller mmm not to sure about that when they could have changed it to Long

I have been fascinated by this family, mainly Henry b: 1845 through everything Henry Lenz has beat all the odds and come out the other end a professor of music and even wrote an opera "The Drummer's Daughter" which was shown in Manchester and hailed a success.

Cheers

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 02 December 13 02:44 GMT (UK) »
hi..i am currently helping someone on another forum with this Lenz family,,,would you be prepared to join in the topic,,,or pass on the certificates you have ?  I can direct you to the forum by private message?  cheers  GB. ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline badmama

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 02 December 13 02:51 GMT (UK) »
Certainly love to join in if it's the Lenz family ?
 :)