Author Topic: Jamieson Bone, Belleville Ontario  (Read 13133 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jamieson Bone, Belleville Ontario
« Reply #27 on: Friday 08 October 10 16:46 BST (UK) »
In this 1837 directory there is a David Bone - occ. Shoemaker, Dalry... http://www.ayr.org/history/1837Directory/dalry.htm. Over in the Burgh of NEWTON there is an Adam Bone, also a shoe/bootmaker, and a James who is a Grocer &merchant of spirits    http://www.ayr.org/history/1837Directory/Ayr.htm
In the 1851 census dalry there is a David Bone c. 1793 Maybole - shoemaker, wife Agness , son Thomas c. 1824
also a William Bone c. 1828 -shoemaker with wife Margaret & daughter Agness on same Street
http://www.ayrshireroots.com/Genealogy/Records/Census/1851/1851%20census%20Dalry.htm
1851 Ayr has Adam age 62 b. Maybole  (Shoemaker Employing 4 Men  ) & family
and  Adam age 21 b. Ayr (Shoe Maker) & family
1851 census Monkton has William- widower age 70 b. Dalrymple (Shoemaker) & family
1851 census Beith - has David age 25 Currier born Dalry wife Jane, son David           
James age 21 b.Dalry ( Currier - lodging w/Barr family)  and  Robert age 18 b.Dalry ( Apprentice Currier lodging w/Bell family)

1841 has David age 48 Shoemaker / wife Agnes age 44    Vennel St/Dalry
Adam 19 (journeyman shoe maker )
Thomas age  18     "        "    "
William age 13 (Shopman)   
James age 11     Robert age 8
Robert Kerr age 17 (Apprentice Shoemaker)
Jean Hunter age 14 ( Servant )
also Monkton & Prestwick has a William Bone age 56 - (Shoemaker)
and in Ayr an Adam age 50  (journeyman shoe maker)
and in Beith a David age 16 - (Currier Apprentice-  in Tyne Household)

Not sure if any of these tie in with yours...
http://www.ayrshireroots.com/Towns/Maybole/Maybole%201841%20Census%202.htm
1841 Maybole Eldest on page
Monkwood Office -  David Bone age 72 Farmer, Robert 30, Agness 32
Two Quinton Bones and 3 more Davids, etc.
But if they do there is more information here under "Bone" http://www.maybole.org/history/messagecentre.htm
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 25 October 10 02:32 BST (UK) »
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline ALIBONE

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Just joined the chat but have to contact all intrested in j Bone as i have with the help of Andrew traced his our family back to the early 18c I have visited Ontario and made contact with a relatif of one of the Bone first wave of imigration in the 1840s if i can help please ask.
William 1750 Dalrymple
David 1793 auchendrain
Robert 1832 Dalry
David 1856 Dalry
james 1886 Ayr
David 1915 Glasgow
me     1950 Suffolk uk

Offline abe23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 11 January 14 16:24 GMT (UK) »
I just happened by chance to find this series of posts today.

Herbert Tom Bone, brother of Jamieson, was my grandfather. I was interested to read where the cottage was located, as I have a copy of a photo taken there of the Jamieson Family and my grandparents when they visited in 1954. My grandparents had moved to Dover, England in the 1930s.

I moved back to Scotland in the 1970s and have been researching the Bone family for over 20 years. I think that the posting from "Alibone" refers to me.

The tannery in Courthill Street, Dalry, Ayrshire was started by their grandfather David Bone (born in Dalry in May 1825). The business ran into financial problems at the beginning of the 20th century. David Bone started as an apprentice Currier in Beith before moving back to Dalry. His father was also David (born in Parish of Maybole in 1793) and went to work in Dalry as a shoemaker.

Please ask if you want any further information.

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Adam Bone
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 24 September 19 00:43 BST (UK) »
Adam Bone aged 12 years 1861 Scotland census born abt 1849 Ayr - St Quivox  living with Gabriel McJannet and Helen (Ellen) Wood McJannet (nee Lawson) and children - Wallace Street - listed as stepson - engine cleaner
Often wondered who this person is and how connected to either Lawson or McJannet family
Interestingly Helen's father's name is Adam Lawson
I have recorded this Adam Bone with the mother of Helen Wood Lawson and no father ..... Alison

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Adam Bone
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 24 September 19 02:31 BST (UK) »
just found Adam Lawson Bone born 25 Nov 1836 and bp 22 March 1837 St Quivox and Newton, Ayr
father William Bone    mother Helen Lawson
so 1861 census age is incorrect
there is a Sheriff Court Paternity Case by Helen Lawson, Ayr with defender William Bone, Woodhill, Enterkine, Tarbolton with child's DOB 25 Nov 1836 with year extract issued 1840 Ayr, Ayrshire with NRS reference SC6/7/4 p.148
and Adam L Bone appears again 1851 census at Russell Street, Newton, Ayr as a apprentice saddler living with Helen Wood McJanet and her twins Margaret H and William aged 3 yrs and her sister Agnes Lawson 
1881 census he is with Marion Bone 38 - perhaps his half-sister and a niece Jane W 19 at 81 Cathcart Street, Glasgow Gorbals, Lanarkshire

Offline AndrewDahl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 20 July 20 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hey all,

I’m a descendant of the Bone family (currently sipping a nice whiskey from an heirloom JB glass).
I’m a simple 33 year old chef in Toronto, but have fascination in history, especially that of my family, hence me looking up my dad’s grandfathers name late at night while drinking out of his glass. Most people here seem to know more about my family than I do, though would happily welcome questions or conversations about this rather interesting family that I’m very happily and proudly part of!

-Andrew Graham Dahl

Offline Thunder23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 12 July 23 22:39 BST (UK) »
I am Louis Templeton Bone’s grandaughter
I am interested in the Bone family history
My mother was Catherine Bone. Bone in Glasgow to Louis Bone and Janet Backinsell.  My name is Patricia Maguire
How do I connect with the authors of this dialogue?  Thankyou

Offline Thunder23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 18 July 23 01:43 BST (UK) »
When Louis Templeton Bone and his wife Janet Backinsell emigrated to NA they first lived in New Jersey where Janet’s sister lived. After a few years they moved to Vineland Station in southern Ontario where David Bone owned a fruit farm.
Mom and her sister Doris went to school in Jordan which is now part of a museum. Jean, David’s wife was very social in the area her pictures are in the new museum in Jordan. Last summer I visited the museum, the curator brought some school pictures from their archives and I found my Moms school picture from the 30’s
I grew up in Etobicoke