Author Topic: TULLY catherine Galway 1850  (Read 7766 times)

Offline Tanya067

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TULLY catherine Galway 1850
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 March 19 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I realise this is an old chat but hoping someone comes back to me.
I am a direct descendant of Catherine. We do know she came with her sister from Galway, Mountebellow workhouse on the Palestine(brideship) to Fremantle. Bridget did marry Samuel Willis in York, they did not have any children. Catherine did not married however had four girls with Joseph Watkins Harriet, Mary Ann, Ellen/Hellen and Margaret. Ellen being my family line marrying Richard Boyle.
We have no records of Catherine's death and she seems to have disappeared. I would love any insight as to what has happened to her. Joseph did marry again.

Any info would be very much appreciated.
Tanya

Offline pafuller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 21 March 19 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Tanya,

I am related to Samuel Willis who married Bridget. I just did a quick google search and see that bradyfamilytree.org has a death date for Catherine Galway. You might want to have a look and try to contact them.

Any information you have about Samuel and Bridget or Bridget's parents I would sincerely appreciate.

Regards,
Pam

Offline Tanya067

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 22 March 19 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pam, we have no info re Bridget and Catherines parents. The girls were in the workhouse in Galway and then shipped to Australia. Someone else has mentioned Castleblakeny as a possible connection, so maybe thats where they were from before going to the workhouse. I'm not sure.
I will have a look at the brady tree as I am aware of it as I have looked at it in the past trying to get Catherine's details.
Cheers
Tanya

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 22 March 19 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline Tanya067

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 23 March 19 01:38 GMT (UK) »
I found this video very interesting!
Joseph being my 4x grandfather.
By chance can I have photocopies of the bith and marriage certs. Being in Western Australia I'm not sure how to access copies.

Tanya

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 23 March 19 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Are you aware of the Melvin family in Perth? Barbara is a 4x grandchild as I am. You can stop the video and take a screen grab.

Mike
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline watway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 23 March 19 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya, Are you Tanya from Katanning? We do not have any new info for Cath Tully, no death dates, no mothers name, some people seem to be grasping at any name that may match, the DNA test I did matched me up with the Tully family in Massachusetts USA, they went there in the late 1890's, their family goes back to Rushestown Galway and that is where its at the moment and that is probably where our Tullys came from and so one of their relatives was probably Caths & Bridgets. Have you matched with this family? I have not had any more connections other than this Tully family in the US. Maybe something will come up if more people take a DNA test.
best wishes . Barbara

Offline Tanya067

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 23 March 19 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mike, I will try thr screen shots and see how I go.

Yes Barbara I'm from Narrogin. I am going to get together with Rodney during the school holidays in April. The particular certificates I was chasing from the video Mike has loaded are Joseph's birth and marriage to Harriet, this will be from Ireland I'm guessing not WA. No Barbara I havnt been connected with anyone from this family. A Martin from the mountbellow project has my dna ged number but has not yet matched me with anyone.

Yes it seems Catherine has disappeared after parting from Joseph but all the girls lived long lives.

Thanks all

Offline watway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 01 April 19 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanya, I thought I had your email address but must have lost it, Joseph Watkins was not born in Ireland, he was born 1822 Colwall Green, Herefordshire, England his parents are William & Sarah (do not know which Sarah as there was a lot of Sarahs around at the time), his marriage to Harriet Wingate was listed as Harriet Winwood, (Winwood also being a name in the area and it appears the wrong name was written down). Joseph was listed as a widower, we have not established who his first wife is, Harriet was born 1828 Colwall, mother is Margaret & father is Richard. Marriage date for J & H is 20 Dec 1849 in the parish of St James the Great Colwall Herefordshire UK, we have been to the church. Send me your email via messenger if you want copies of anything I have. Barbara