Author Topic: Chambers in Anglesey  (Read 15248 times)

Offline DavE Hughes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chambers in Anglesey
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 22:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information, i can only go back to Llanfeulog in the late 1700's when there were members of the Chambers family.But linking them to Chambers family in those documents you posted would be beyond me. Thanks again DavE Hughes.

Offline Bydeang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 May 15 10:16 BST (UK) »
I have details from NLW Online of a lease between my ancestor Richard Owen of Isallt, Llanbadrig, Anglesey and Gwen Chambers, widow, of Tre'rgof isa. The land is part of that estate with a dwelling house thereon called Bryntiron. This lease is for a parcel of land for three natural lives. It is dated 30 June 1834.
Does anyone have any information about the Tre'r gof estate as it relates to Llanbadrig and is there any historical record of this estate such as other leases, rent books etc?
Many thanks

Offline DavE Hughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 May 15 23:02 BST (UK) »
Does the Chambers family you are researching have any connection with Llanfeulog or Rhyd Y Bont farm Rhoscolyn.

Offline 100%Gog

• RootsChat Member
  • G-Grandfather at Cilmelyn Farm, Bangor c1900
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 22 May 15 12:11 BST (UK) »
My great grand uncle was a Hugh Owen from Llanbadrig b.1834 d. 1892. He had two sons both of who carried Chambers in their name. One was called Hugh Chambers Owen and the other John Chambers Owen. As yet I have no evidence of Chambers in our family and I would not have thought Chambers was a personal name. None of Hugh Owen's daughters carry the Chambers middle name.

In addition Hugh Owen was a bard and had the bardic name Huwco Mon. The Huw (Hugh) and Mon (Anglesey in Welsh) are self explanatory but could the "co" be Chambers Owen the same as his sons?

I would be interested to know if anyone has Owen/Chambers family connection in the Llanbadrig area.

100%Gog
Griffith(s) - Anglesey: Pentraeth, Llanddona.

Hughes - Anglesey: Holyhead, Llangefni, Pentraeth.
Caernarvonshire: Gyffin, Dwygyfylchi, Penmaenmawr.

Jones - Anglesey: Llangefni
Denbighshire: Betws yn Rhos, Llanfairtalhaiarn

Owen/Owens - Anglesey: Llanbadrig.
Caernarvonshire: Bangor, Penrhosgarnedd.
Denbighshire: Cerrigydrudion.

Roberts - Caernarvonshire: Dwygyfylchi, Penmaenmawr, Llysfaen.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline spademum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 16:26 BST (UK) »
I am wondering, having read some of the questions and replies, whether I am researching the same extended family as you all seem to be.
The ancestor in question, in my case, is Hugh Chambers, born in Llanfaelog c1797 who became a farmer in the Llandyfrydog area and who is buried with his wife and son in the churchyard at Rhoscolyn. One of his sons, Thomas Chambers, ended up in Everton in Liverpool by 1861 together with relatives of his mother's.
I have not been able to find any further information about Hugh - who his parents were, for instance. I would be grateful for any help and am very willing to share anything that I have which might be of interest.
Researching Redhead/Readhead/Reedhead in the Jarrow area.

Offline DavE Hughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hello, my G,G,Great Grandfather was a Robert Chambers and i believe he was born in Llanfaeulog c1796 although i have not seen any documents stating this, on the 1841 census he is a farmer living on a farm called Rhyd y Bont,Fourmile Bridge a couple of miles from Rhoscolyn church yard, i don't know of a Hugh Chambers, but i did see the names of other Chambers's of the same family from Llanfaeulog although i did not research any further, he could be a brother of Robert and i can't help you any further back. I have not done much research  on this side of the family for some time, but i do know a  bit from then to now about the Chambers family around Holyhead and the Rhoscolyn area up to myself.Do you have any more names from 1841 on-wards, i will be glad to help with any information if i can, are you connected to the Chambers family. All the best for now David Hughes.