Author Topic: help need some advice  (Read 3708 times)

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
help need some advice
« on: Monday 19 April 04 17:53 BST (UK) »
hi

can anybody help me  i have traced my family back to 1881 census and have noticed a large gap in the birth 's of the children  also the parents are both 57yrs old so there is a good chance there are more elswhere.
the family i am tracing are called HADLINGTON from DUDLEY i have found a MOSES HADLINGTON in the st thomas record indexes on the family search site but was unable to find anymore, is there any way i can find anymore pehaps through church records if so how do i go  about it  as i dont live in the same area . i am unable to  trace them on any  other census at the moment but are still trying  please can somebody tell me what to do next
thanks cath
bullock,temke,turner,haddlington,richards,rollinson,batey,cameron

Offline Sasha

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re:help need some advice
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 April 04 19:14 BST (UK) »
Cath,

I notice that most of the entries on the IGI for the name MOSES HADLINGTON are member submitted ones - be careful of these as they may not have been taken from the parish registers - all entries on the IGI should be checked out.  The only two entries which are from the parish registers are for a baptism in 1862 which I presume is a son of your Moses, and one in 1837.  Whilst this is some time after your estimated birth date of 1825, it could be that Moses was baptised at a later date.  It might be worth getting a copy of this entry to see if any more information is given - the main library in Dudley will probably hold copies of these parish registers and be able to supply you with a photocopy for a small cost.

On the Civil Registration Index records there is a death recorded for a JANE HADLINGTON age 70 in the June qtr of 1894 in Dudley.

Have you looked for a marriage certificate?  The GRO indexes should be available at your nearest Archives Office, or at main libraries, or there is the pay-per-view site 1837online.com.

Hope this is of some help.
Sasha.

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:help need some advice
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 April 04 21:46 BST (UK) »
hi sasha

yes the moses from 1862 i think is the son of moses and jane but i cant find him after that  i suppose he could of died i think i'll try a trip to the library see if they can help thanks for the help
                cath
bullock,temke,turner,haddlington,richards,rollinson,batey,cameron