Author Topic: Welsh to Iowa  (Read 1979 times)

Offline eltrain1984

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Welsh to Iowa
« on: Wednesday 14 January 09 04:40 GMT (UK) »
I have pretty detailed history of my family coming to Iowa County, Iowa, USA around 1854.  Now I'm looking to see if I can find any further information on the family in Wales.  I believe they came from Machynlleth.

David H. Jones (1811-1882) married Margaret M. Jones (1809-1872)  Both born in Wales.
Son - Edward H Jones (1852-1924) married Sarah M. Williams (1852-1940)

Richard Williams (1814-1860) married Ann Evans Pugh (1820-1885)  Both born in Wales
(Richard Williams founded Williamsburg, Iowa (1854)
Daughter - Sarah M. Williams (1852-1940)

Edward H. Jones was born in County of Powys, Jan 13, 1852 - on farm Rhyd'r Aderyn Cemmes. 
Sarah M. Williams was born in Williamsburg, Iowa, USA Nov. 3 1852

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline brynhyfryd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Welsh to Iowa
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 January 09 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I believe I have census details in 1851 and 1861 of the Jones family in Cemmaes. If you do not have these, I would happily transcribe them for you.

Stan
Hudson:Hutson:Oliver:Perkin:Turner:Davies:Edmunds:Jones:Smith:Evans - Montgomeryshire
Beamond - Shropshire
Jones:Atkinson:Davies:Williams - Denbighshire
Jones:Evans - Merionethshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.