Author Topic: 1841 Birkenhead area look up -- Please  (Read 651 times)

Offline Larry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841 Birkenhead area look up -- Please
« on: Thursday 10 February 05 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Looking for my ggggrandfather, John Kehoe/Keogh/etc in the 1841 census. He may be listed as:  a laborer, b: between 1802-1807, b: LP-- wife Mary Ann , perhaps with a son, Joseph, abt 8, b: LP. 1841 census Index: S26, U13  , N38.
Appreciate any help.
Larry
 ;)

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Birkenhead area look up -- Please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 February 05 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Larry
             Just searched through the 1841 Birkenhead with no sign of them,I even searched through Keown and others that might have been mistaken. Sorry. If they were there in 1851 I could try searching the same address area ?

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Larry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 February 05 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Peter Thank you ever so much for checking  the Birkenhead 1841 census for me. That was very kind of you. I didn't really know if anyone would help me on this or not. thanks again.
This John Keogh family lived at Waterloo Place in 1851.
Evidently I am at a road block. Since my ggfather, Joseph, was born in LP in abt 1831-33, I have always thought his family would be residing in LP in 1841 and then moving to Bhead after the census. As a matter fact , two other Keogh sons, John (1835) and Edward (1844), were born in LP before the LP 1851 census.  So far I have not been able to find a trace of them there at all. I even had LP Record check the 1841 the indexes, and they came up with nothing other than a wrong family. The way I understand the LP 1841 census, FHS didn't do all indexes for all  districts, so are some censuses that are not  included. Do you have suggestions how I may go about checking these undone LP Districts?
Appreciate your comments.
Regards,
Larry

Offline Larry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 February 05 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Peter, I remember that this John Keogh family was staying at 5 Old Chester Rd in 1850 .
Larry

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 February 05 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Larry
            I have searched those streets/roads without seeing anything that may help.
           It does look like they were in Liverpool in 41 going by the birth dates of the children.
           I am not to familia with the Lancashire census's but would suspect that not all areas have been name indexed, can I suggest that you should obtain address's from childrens birth certificates and the post the address's on the Lancashire board,I am sure someone would have a copy and be willing to look them up for you.

good luck

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Larry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 11 February 05 23:59 GMT (UK) »
thanks Peter for your note. Yes I think your idea of addresses is a good one. I'll check it out and see how it goes.
thanks again,
Larry