Author Topic: Elizabeth Reynolds or Cleaton c.1800  (Read 3573 times)

Offline forest

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Reynolds or Cleaton c.1800
« on: Thursday 10 February 05 10:43 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the birth of Elizabeth Reynolds who married Samuel Edmonds in St.Philips, B'ham in 1829.

According to the 1841 and 1851 censuses Elizabeth was born around 1800 (in 1851 she is given as aged 52, in 1841 as 40 rounded down) in 'Swan' Montgomeryshire - it has been suggested to me that this should have been 'Sarn'.

On IGI there is an Elizabeth 'Reynold or Cleaton' the dau.of John Cleaton and Mary Reynold, christened in Trefeglwys 10.9.1795.  Is it likely that a child born in Sarn would have been christened in Trefeglwys?

Is there any possibility of tracing any other Elizabeth Reynold/Reynolds born in Sarn around that time?

Would very much appreciate any help/suggestions.  Thanks

forest
Derbyshire: Brocklehurst, Wigley, Wragg, Hunt, White
Suffolk: Pledger, Mears
Herts: Hills, Linzell,Cakebread
Cambs: Hills
Bucks: Edmonds

London (Moorfields/Shoreditch) : Williams, Sharp
Warwicks: Edmonds, Litchfield
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Reynolds or Cleaton c.1800
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Forest

I suggest that you have a look at the Powys Mailing List on Rootsweb http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/POWYS/2005-02
and on there you will see several entries by a D Cleaton.  He has been researching the CLEATON name from Llanidloes, Trefeglwys, Llandinam etc for many years.  Maybe he will be able to help you with your query.

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline forest

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Jan, will do

forest
Derbyshire: Brocklehurst, Wigley, Wragg, Hunt, White
Suffolk: Pledger, Mears
Herts: Hills, Linzell,Cakebread
Cambs: Hills
Bucks: Edmonds

London (Moorfields/Shoreditch) : Williams, Sharp
Warwicks: Edmonds, Litchfield
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teabag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 July 05 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you solved your cleaton querey yet?  I am going to National Library of Wales on 28 July to research Cleaton's from Llanidloes.  Let me know if you want anything looking up and exact details.  We may however have something in common here!  I have been is contact with Dennis and have shared info although we can't link ourselves yet.
Look forward to hearing from you

Suzanne

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 July 05 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Suzanne,
If you have the time at the Nat Lib and if you happen to come across Edward Cleaton (Clayton) born about 1826 in Llanidloes that would be most helpful.   I estimate his date of birth from the 1881 census (age 55).   He went to Talybont, Cardiganshire in the late 1840s to work in the textile industry there.    He married Elizabeth Williams, had a family and died 1891.
I'm really stuck with this guy and his daughter, Mair or Mary Cleaton who was probably born around 1855 and instantly became anonomous when she married David Jones of Trefuerig abt 1875.  ???
Hope the weather is good for you in Aber and you get a chance to soak up the view from the Nat Lib.
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Research:   <br />Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   <br />Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  <br />Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall<br />Foster  in Liverpool <br />Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire<br />Mawby, Popple in Rutland<br />Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset<br />Willis in Oxfordshire<br />Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline teabag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 July 05 08:12 BST (UK) »
Will be in touch when we get back!

Suzanne