Author Topic: John fortune mill owner,Gardamus great,mayglass  (Read 3301 times)

Offline peterwestpest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John fortune mill owner,Gardamus great,mayglass
« on: Monday 19 January 09 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am trying to research a mill that i am restoring in mayglass, the mill was Owned by john fortune in the griffiths valuation, land lord E.M Danniell and partners,who ever they were?, they owned the whole of gardamus and some of the surrounding townlands in mayglass.The mill is erect on the ordnance survey maps of 1829 but on the 1897 maps its in ruins along with a wind mill not far away.So the mill went into ruins between those dates.Workers at the mill included john walsh,thomas grady,robert staunton.There is another mill (known as tuck mill)situated not far up the river, owned by patrick connors (griffiths )again with land lord E.M DANNIELS AND PARTNERS, cant find any info on them anywhere.any help with this greatly appreciated thanks peter.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: John fortune mill owner,Gardamus great,mayglass
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 January 09 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I think there's a possibility that you may have to try the Gloucestershire Record Office or the Gloucestershire County Library Service for more info about E. M. Daniel and others.

The webpage for Property owners County Wexford circa 1870 shows that E. M. Daniel and others who owned 1,252 acres in Wexford had a Cheltenham, England address.

www.cmcrp.net/Wexford/Landowner3.html
www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/2031/GloucRsrch.html Broken Link

Christopher

Offline John Harpur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hi. Just a check to see if you are still checking this post. I think I have relatives who were landholders for this mill in the tithes. Respond and I'll tell you what I have. John Harpur

Offline peterwestpest

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 June 20 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi John would love any info you have thanks.