Author Topic: 1801 census look up for Esther Saunders born Jun 1884 Hereford - help stuck  (Read 3682 times)

Offline janet bird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1801 census look up for Esther Saunders born Jun 1884 Hereford - help stuck
« on: Thursday 10 February 05 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Please help me locate my Esther Saunders - Her father was called Thomas Saunders - I have no other details apart from the age.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Janet

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1801 census look up for Esther Saunders born Jun 1884 Hereford - help stuck
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 February 05 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi
How sure are you that Esther was born in Herefordshire? No Esthers from Hereford match at all.

There is a 16 year old in 1901 with father Thomas living in Rawtenstall Lancashire, she was born in Liverpool.
Other family members
mother - Esther
siblings - Amelia and Arthur

Let me know what you think.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline janet bird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 February 05 19:50 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure at all where she was born only an age and that the father is Thomas - do you have the whole transcript of the 1901 census that you could provide me with - grateful for this if you have

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 February 05 19:55 GMT (UK) »
HERE IS THE WHOLE CENSUS INFO FROM 1901

THOMAS SAUNDERS, HEAD, AGE 52, HAIRDRESSER BORN LIVERPOOL
ESTHER, WIFE, AGE 45, BORN LIVERPOOL
ESTHER, DAUGHTER, AGE 16, COTTON SPINNER, BORN LIVERPOOL
AMELIA, DAUGHTER, AGE 12, BORN MANCHESTER
ARTHUR H, SON, AGE 5 BORN RAWTENSTALL

RG13/3847
ED 9 FOLIO 67 PAGE 33
CIVIL PARISH OF RAWTENSTALL FORMERLY LOWER BOOTH

NICKY
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline janet bird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 February 05 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that will put it with my other info.  Never know might be right although the only thing putting me off at the moment is that she put her dad's occupation on the marriage cert in 1904 as being a labourer!!

Janet

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 February 05 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janet & Nicky

There is an Esther SANDERS aged 14 born Orleton, who is a servant in Orleton 1901.  Maybe that is her?

RG13/2496 Folio 93  Page 4

Sue

Sorry!  Too quick for my own good: this Esther is with fathe Philip: so no match
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)