Author Topic: Quarriers home's child  (Read 2746 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Quarriers home's child
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 January 19 17:11 GMT (UK) »

Thread from 2009 with back ground info..............

topics merged

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 January 19 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Oh thanks, Sandra; in that link Lily's mum was Agnes Cunningham and - am I missing something? -  now it's Lizzie Craig  ???
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 January 19 17:59 GMT (UK) »
You can apply to Quarriers Home for a deceased persons records, I believe there is a charge.
Google for the address.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline carolineasb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 January 19 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Yes I'm confused there appears to be two names for the mother of Lily Cunningham? In any event, I used another website to see if there was a Paternity Case for an Agnes Cunningham as per the first post on here and there was for a child born in 1889 and the case was 1889 in Hamilton Sheriff Court at the Instance of Agnes Cunningham, Dairymaid, Crossgates, Bellshill against James Craig Junior, Farmer, East Kilbride. If this was indeed a Declarator of Paternity, then the original Birth Certificate will have an RCE attached after the Sheriff Clerk intimated same to GRO.  Further, there is also a case at the Instance of an Agnes Cunningham or Weir, wife of John Weir (Boilermaker), Crossgates, Bellshill against John Donald Junior, Grocer, McCallum's Buildings, Crossgates, Bellshill, for a child born in 1883 but the case was in 1884 also at Hamilton Sheriff Court, could this be Margaret as even though the OP states born 1884 she may have been born at the end of the year and registered 1884. The second case should, of course, also be noted on the original birth certificate/entry as an RCE with a Decree being granted (if it was!). I would think that Quarrier's would have all the details in their Archives. So wish that the late Russell Young (Member Runner?) was still around to help folks out with searching at Quarrier's :(
Tannahill:  Ayrshire, Renfrewshire
Mulgrew/Milgrew:  Glasgow
Canning: Renfrewshire

Offline Riddell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 January 19 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi, everyone sorry for the confusion. on my grandmother's marriage certificate Lily Cunningham it state's that her mom was Lizzie Craig, the sister I am looking for his Elizabeth. In 2003 I had started to do some research, unfortunately I have misplaced those paper's, I don't remember what Elizabeth's last name was. I do know that Lily's dad's name was Richard Cunningham not sure about Elizabeth's last name. Take care.

Riddell

Offline carolineasb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 January 19 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Your Grandmother could have given any name for her mother on her marriage certificate, it's her birth certificate you need to go by.

I take it that your first post is all incorrect? It gives details that match the two cases that I referred to. I'm confused :(
Tannahill:  Ayrshire, Renfrewshire
Mulgrew/Milgrew:  Glasgow
Canning: Renfrewshire

Offline Riddell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 January 19 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my grandmother's name was Lily Cunningham she was born Jan 18, 1889 as I previously mentioned, I received this information from Quarrier's back in 2003. In 2003 I was only trying to find information on my grandmother which I did find. Now I have been trying to find out what happened to the one sister Elizabeth whose mother was also Lizzie Craig. I wish I had more info to offer maybe down the road I will reach out to Quarrier's to see what info they could give me. Sorry for the confusion. Take care.

Riddell