Author Topic: Irish Civil BMD Registers  (Read 5306 times)

Offline mazbonks

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Irish Civil BMD Registers
« on: Sunday 25 January 09 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Irish civil birth/marriage/death original index entries have been uploaded to the LDS pilot site and can be viewed free
Happy hunting
Marian

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/#p=0

Offline cyberlaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Civil BMD Registers on PILOT ON LDS
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 October 09 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mazbonks,

I am wondering if you know any more than I about the Pilot site? If after finding a person's listing and checking the "details" of that record, is more available if I order the fische?

I  am really curious about this as I have been trying to find the Birth and Death dates of this ancestors for YEARS, so I searched every John Murphy on the site (he also had sons named John, no suffixes and no middle names that I know of) and recorded the data and details--as i have quite a few (20+) it will be quite alot to order each film/record and if all the data is listed online and it would serve little purpose, that I would like to know that!

The Pilot site is a great resource. It does go up and down, sometimes available with Sligo records, some days not (which I assume they are loading data when down).

I have been using it extensively trying to find my ancestor, John Murphy, in the Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo (Tobercurry in the site's) records as I am pretty sure this is the ED (Electoral District) covered the Townlands of 1) Knockbrack (and Stonepark) both close to Aclare, Co. Sligo {on the right if one is on the road to Swinford from Aclare}.

Thanks,
SLAINTE!!

Murph

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Civil BMD Registers
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 October 09 22:09 GMT (UK) »
The LDS pilot site is the index to Irish civil registrations but has nothing to do with microfiche. You have to order the certificates to get the complete details. Here's the link the index-
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347
GRO application for certificate-
www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

If you want to find the registration district for a townland, search for townland on www.thecore.com/seanruad (be sure to change setting from 'exact match') then check the Poor Law Union listed for that townland- PLU will be the registration district.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline mazbonks

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Civil BMD Registers
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 October 09 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Murph, I have sent you a PM.
Regards