Author Topic: jones/griffiths/ parry from marian glas  (Read 4699 times)

Offline silvermal

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
jones/griffiths/ parry from marian glas
« on: Friday 09 January 09 12:32 GMT (UK) »
please can anyone help i am looking for information   on family names    jones/griffiths/ parry    from marian glas  as far back as possible or anything on eugrad house or church     thanks mal

Offline Toffee_01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Links: Family History Society - Anglesey
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 January 09 18:46 GMT (UK) »
HI MAL

HERE IS A LINK ON EURGRAD CHURCH LOVELY CLEAR PICTURE TOO

TOFFEE

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/38484

THIS IS FROM GENUKI

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal//AGY/Llaneugrad/index.html
AXFORD, BOWEN, NETTLETON, HOWDEN, KINGWELL, ROBERTS, JONES, THOMAS, and many more

Offline LynRoberts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: jones/griffiths/ parry from marian glas
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 January 17 21:42 GMT (UK) »
John Jones, Eugrad House,  Llaneugrad was my great grandfather (born 1840) and my great grandmother was Mary Jones (1846). Their daughter Elizabeth Ellen Jones (born 1887) my grandmother, married my grandfather William Parry (born 1881) Pant y Gwyddel, Marianglas. They are buried in Llaneugrad church cemetery. I believe that this is the family you're looking for?

Offline ukgill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 August 17 21:41 BST (UK) »
LynRoberts I am researching this family that you are related to int he context of a project to map the families of those men from Llaneugrad who died in WW1 and 2. Griffith Parry Thomas is the one I am currently working on and after his mother committed suicide he and sister Ellen went to live with your great grandparents John and Mary (his mothers sister) in Eugrad House. I have found his records for his merchant service and death and wondering if you have any info on how he died and his children by Elizabeth his second wife? Much thanks

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 August 17 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Do you already have the following information about Griffith Thomas' second wife Elizabeth and family?

Marriage: Griffith Thomas, 30, widower, mariner (merchant service) of Ty Hir, Llanallgo, son of Owen Thomas, labourer married Elizabeth Jones, 22, spinster, Ty Hir, Llanallgo, dau. of William Jones, labourer at Llanerchymedd Registry Office 11 Feb 1910.

Births: William son of Griffith Thomas & Elizabeth Jones, 14 Mar 1910, Llanallgo
           Elizabeth dau. of Griffith Thomas & Elizabeth Jones, 24 Dec 1918, Llanallgo

The 1911 census for Ty Hir, Moelfre (RG14, 34560, 1, 1) suggests there was an older child, Annie, born Liverpool 1906/7.

I can find three death registrations which seem to be relevant:

Ann Thomas 6 Dec 1907, Llanallgo, age 29, wife of mariner, merchant service Griffith Thomas. Informant Thomas Jones, brother.
Annie Thomas 13 Apr 1916, Llanallgo, age 9, dau. of mariner, merchant service Griffith Thomas. Informant Annie Matthews.
Edward Thomas 29 Aug 1907, Llanallgo, age 3, son of mariner, merchant service Griffith Thomas.
Informant Thomas Jones, uncle.
Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ukgill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 August 17 08:28 BST (UK) »
yes thanks I have all of that info plus another child of Griffith and Elizabeth called Margaret born on 21st August 1913. She tragically died aged 28 and is buried in Llanallgo in a grave next to her Mum and Dad and with her son who tragically died aged 17.

Wondering if you have any information on his first marriage to Ann and children they had beyond Annie and Edward?
much appreciated
Gill