Author Topic: IRVINE & MACKAY - Fermanagh  (Read 6679 times)

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
IRVINE & MACKAY - Fermanagh
« on: Friday 30 January 09 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Hubby's great grandfather, Thomas IRVINE, was born 23 Nov 1883 (date given by another family member) in Irvinestown, Ederney, Fermanagh.
I have to wonder if there is a connection between the name IRVINE and being in Irvinestown, or if it's just co-incidence.

His parents were Henry IRVINE and Catherine MACKAY (both suspected to be born circa 1840).
Henry and Catherine married 13 Jan 1865 in Magheraculmoney, Fermanagh, Ireland - Ardess Church of Ireland.

Thomas had the following siblings:
Henry b 25 Feb 1869 (IGI ref C012011) Irvinestown
Catherine b 5 Feb 1871 (IGI ref C014057) Irvinestown
Herbert b c1875
Elizabeth 29 Sep 1879 (IGI ref C009644) Kesh

Thomas married Sarah Jane COCHRANE (b 24 Mar 1891) 19 Feb 1907 Drumkeeran, Fermanagh, Ireland - Drumkeeran Church of Ireland
Sarah's parents were John COCHRAN(E) and Catherine CHITTICK - they married 11 Nov 1886 Drumkeeran, Fermanagh, Ireland - Drumkeeran Church of Ireland

I'm struggling to find my way back any further with this line, so any help or pointing in the right direction would be most greatly recieved.
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: IRVINE & MACKAY - Fermanagh
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 May 13 12:27 BST (UK) »
Going through older posts and came across this one. By now you might have been able to find more information but if you haven't done so the following might be of interest.

Unnamed son of Henry Irvine & Catherine Mackey (born 1873)- https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGPG-FBQ

The 1901 census lists a Henry Irvine with wife Catherine-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Fermanagh/Drumrush/Letterkeen/1354060
Widowed Catherine in 1911 with family-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Fermanagh/Drumrush/Letterkeen/520220
Son Thomas married with children Herbert, Thomas & Cathleen-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Fermanagh/Drumrush/Letterkeen/520221

From townland and husband's occupation likely connected to the above family- see www.proni.gov.uk
"Irvine Annie of Letterkeen Kesh county Fermanagh died 15 June 1939 Administration Londonderry 28 November to John Irvine blacksmith the husband. Effects £322 5s. 2d."

Possible birth for 'your' Sarah- https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FPFJ-74K (father listed as ___ Irvine so original record might be incomplete or difficult to read)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 July 13 00:48 BST (UK) »
Deepest apologies I didn't know this reply was here until I just now found it in my "new replies" link.
I'm going to look into these in the next couple days - not tonight though, it's almost 1am and I should be in bed ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look.
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline Rachel Irvine

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 July 18 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hi I am doing some research into my family history and would like to no if I have any living relatives from the posts I think that Herbert could be my grandfather I am the daughter of Thomas Sedrick Irvine who was son of Herbert and Annie Irvine from Kesh County Fermanagh just wondering if there is any connection.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 July 18 15:23 BST (UK) »
CIVIL REG Birth, Marriage and Death results for Irvine of Irvinestown

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mep/

You can select B D or M's from list on left and also 1800's etc
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.