Author Topic: Whatever Happened to Elizabeth Jane Breach nee Batten/Ovenden/Heath/Breach and  (Read 7072 times)

Offline gaelsong

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever Happened to Elizabeth Jane Breach nee Batten/Ovenden/Heath/Breach and
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 June 09 06:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,  While doing family research I came across your posts mentioning the Ellis family.  I descend from the Ellis family and know of Honor and Christine Ellis.  I have photographs of them.  Are you still researching this family?  Would like to exchange info.  Thanks.  Wendy

Offline Nanafos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi,
Edith Heath (transcribed Hearth) is listed with Oliver J Lodge & family on 1891 census. If you search for Oliver Joseph Lodge b 1852 Staffordshire, Eng on Ancestry you will find some photos etc. (RG12/2940, Folio 55, pg 44 Liverpool 1891)
I posted 2 other replies on NZ page -- I'm new to this & I've found it's closed so not sure if you get notified.
Elizabeth Jane Batten was 26 when she married Rich W Ovenden, I think her mother was Norah Austin & father William Batten & she was born 20 Nov 1836 & bapt 18 Dec 1836 at Stepney, Parliament Court Old Artillery Ground, Irvingite, Eng.
She went to NZ on board "Merrington" arr Auckland on 29 Aug 1867 & married Charles Heath 3 Sep 1867 a quick courtship.
Nanafos

Offline Nanafos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever Happened to Elizabeth Jane Breach nee Batten/Ovenden/Heath/Breach and
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 July 09 04:37 BST (UK) »
Hello, I've been reading through the posts & here's my input to some of the questions- Charles Heath Snr death notice in Daily Southern Cross 25 Nov1869 page 3, Obit, same newspaper 10 Dec 1869 pg 4, under Tokatoka-Death of an old Kaipara Settler.
Heath birth notices same newspaper 15 Jul 1868 pg 2, 1 Apr 1870, pg 8.
Heath/Ovenden marriage same paper 12 Sep 1867 pg 3.
Charles Heath snr was a gum merchant/dealer in Whakahara, up near Aratapu, Kaipara, not in Taranaki (Taranaka).
Edith Harriett Heath's marriage can be found in Ontario birth registrations, scroll down to Mary Crandall's site & it's under Northern Districts 1904 part 1 No:016349-04.
You can find the Heath births in Manitoba plus Christine C Ellis' birth -- full date at BDM for Manitoba - a brilliant site.
Hannah Breach, 1st wife of Moses died 21 Feb 1869 notice in Daily Southern Cross 15 Mar 1869 pg 10.
Lizzie & Moses had another son Percival Vernon Somes who died as a baby notice in D Sthern Cross 11 Mar 1872 pg 2.
Hope I haven't broken the rules, Nanafos

Offline LornaU2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 05:41 GMT (UK) »
Christine Ellis was Christine Charlotte Anne Kirk nee Ellis
She was my mothers mother.  She was born in Winnepeg and moved to Christchurch as a 3 year old.
She went to London where she finished her art degree and met my grandfather.   They returned to Christchurch, later returning to the UK  They spent the rest of their lives in Gairloch Scotland.  They had a shop Kirk Hand Weave.

Offline LornaU2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 05:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,  While doing family research I came across your posts mentioning the Ellis family.  I descend from the Ellis family and know of Honor and Christine Ellis.  I have photographs of them.  Are you still researching this family?  Would like to exchange info.  Thanks.  Wendy

This is my granny and great aunt would love to see photos!

Offline Barrie Green

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 27 February 20 01:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi LornaU2
Lovely to hear from a relative!
I have a few photos of Honor and Christine Ellis which were given to me by another descendant of that line. Erica Douglas Kirk was born in Gairloch Scotland in 1940, but now lives in Spain. She would be a fount of information for you. I can forward her email address to you once you have had 5 posts and are able to send personal messages, as we cannot make public any data like that. I think I'm right there.
Once that is done send me a personal message.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Faith Green of the Norah Batten Line! Mine was the eldest, yours was the youngest!

Offline LornaU2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 27 February 20 05:25 GMT (UK) »
HI Faith

Erica is my Aunt I speak to her on a regular basis. 

I know that she and my mother saw you in Palmerston North about 10 years ago.

My daughter who is 23 today is Samantha Douglas Dove after Erica and the other Douglas's in our family.

Lorna Berry

Offline Barrie Green

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 27 February 20 07:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lorna

I looked and looked at your name as it seemed so familiar!!!! I even have photos of you!
Now you must really ask Erica about what she has on the family. As you know she does email now. Over the last few years I have swapped data with her as well as photos. Barrie and I have just moved into a Retirement Village in Palmerston North and finally I can now devote some time to filling in lots of gaps and getting that Heath family and the descendants onto our Family Tree.
Great to make contact. Erica has my email address.
Wonderful and keep in contact.
Faith

Offline Nanafos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 28 February 20 01:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lorna,
Yes, I have met your Aunt Erica & your Mum Ros when they visited us in Hawke's Bay all those years ago, my interest in Elizabeth Jane Batten was with the Ovenden side.
Hello Faith, pleased you can now pursue your interest.
Regards
Nanafos
ps your Mum & Aunt will know who I am.