Author Topic: Poulner Road/Southampton Road, Ringwood COMPLETED, THANKS MOORS  (Read 8112 times)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Poulner Road/Southampton Road, Ringwood
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 February 09 15:54 GMT (UK) »
On the way home this afternoon (raining very heavily) I drove along the Poulner Road.  There is a house on the corner of Broadshard and Poulner Road, but it is not called Kenliworth, I knocked and the gentleman said No. and did not know of this name. Opposite the White Hart public house is no more.
 This house is double fronted and I would say Edwardian. I will drive down this way later in the week when it is not raining and walk along to see if it is on the opposite side of the road.
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 February 09 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann,

Thank you so much for your efforts. Please don't go to more trouble for me, you really have done such a lot.

I think we have established that Poulner Road is now Southampton Road and the house has probably disappeared anyway.

I see that you have Cambridge and Essex interests, I live in Cambridge and also visit a very small Essex Record Office branch occassionally, so if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.  I have several Cambridge Street Directories and some parish register CD's.

Selina
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 February 09 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Selina, Thank you for offering to help with my Cambridge family, also Essex, at this moment I am working on another side of my family. My Marshall family came from Cambridge last address was Cherryhinton Road. My Essex family are Hartgroves/Harknett from Willingale/High Rooting area.
I will still have another look for the house and if I see my postman I will ask him if he has heard of this house. The sun is shinning here today, got the washing dry. Ann
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 February 09 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Selina, Is it possible for you to give me the surname of the people that lived at the house named Kenilworth, it might help to find it. ( I typed Poulner Road instead of Southampton Road on my message on Monday. sorry to lead you astray.)

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 February 09 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann,

Will send you a pm.

Selina

Offline BobNewell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Poulner Road/Southampton Road, Ringwood COMPLETED, THANKS MOORS
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 May 09 13:35 BST (UK) »
Hello, I also have an address in Poulner road possibly it is a house called Parramatta, It was named after the owners ship that he was master of, I wonder if that is still there

Bob

Offline hotrodpansy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 02 April 10 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hello, Kenilworth House was an Edwardian double fronted house which was in Southampton Road, Ringwood.  There used to be a little shop called Londis and it was next to there.  Only recently has it been pulled down and now the ground is a block of flats, but I remember it and it was truely lovely with red window surrounds and looked fairly original.  Regards

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 02 April 10 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hi hotrodpansy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

My original search ended with a nice reunion of relatives and I will pass on your description of Kenilworth House - they will be very interested indeed to have that added information.

Best wishes,

Selina

Offline Sandy01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 16 June 12 12:49 BST (UK) »
Selina,

I have the birth certificate of a family member born in Kenilworth House, Poulner Road  in 1923.  The family surname is Ayles.  It would be good to know if this ties in with your research.

Sandy