Author Topic: LINTON families in Newtown Limavady, ca. 1800 - help please!  (Read 4835 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
LINTON families in Newtown Limavady, ca. 1800 - help please!
« on: Sunday 01 February 09 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,
Can anyone help me to find out more about my 4xg-grandmother Ann LINTON?  She was born around 1793, probably in Newtown Limavady.  All the information I have about her and her husband/children is on my website:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pruesfamily/ps01/ps01_449.htm

She married Richard BALFOUR/BELFORD around 1820 and they had four children in Derry before emigrating to Tasmania in 1832 on a Chelsea Pensioners' emigration scheme.  In 1836 they returned to London, England (and possibly went on to Derry) before emigrating again, this time to Sydney, in 1838.  They stayed put this time, and Ann died in 1866.

A while ago I paid for research into Richard BALFOUR's background - there was not a lot available and no conclusive proof was found of his parentage.  The researcher didn't look into the LINTON family, so I thought I'd try Rootschat, to see if anyone has ideas of where I could look.

By the way, Ann LINTON was Church of Scotland, and Richard BALFOUR was Catholic.   

Any help appreciated!!  :D :D :D

Thank you

Prue  :)