Author Topic: Austins/Austens of Brighton  (Read 5743 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Austins/Austens of Brighton
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 February 09 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Right so Steyning means there should be two in the Hove area or Steyning proper of course  ::)

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 February 09 19:43 GMT (UK) »
No she really doesn't want to be found, I tried searching on Jane A* born 1840 +- 5 years in Sussex and nothing, also tried a search on Ousten just in case but again nothing.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 February 09 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Even though there is almost a blank on Jane,
Thanks so much for trying Kerry,

The family probably thought the enumerator was the rent man or the law, so when he called, they kept quiet and hid behind the furniture.
Roy G

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 February 09 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Nice to know that's a tradition that remains, I remember my parents getting us to hide under the sideboard everytime a certain acquaintance of my father's came round when we were small  ;D ;D

Sorry I couldn't find her, very frustrating.  :-\

Kerry

Offline Suzanne Campbell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 March 15 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello

this family are my relations also
Id love to hear from you
Jane had a son Henry or Harry ( my great grandfather) and Harry had a son George ( My grandfather)
George married my grandmother Edith Wells and they had three sons, Stephen, Eric and Arthur my father . Yes there were 3 families who were bakers, One John born 1808( ours)and another born 1811
John 1808 had  George, Alfred Fanny Jane and Joseph Thomas ( the eldest) Joseph thomas was mentioned in Johns probate. Id love to hear from you.