Author Topic: CLARKE - Southolt area  (Read 10074 times)

Offline Raven62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CLARKE - Southolt area
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 May 13 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi allans and deanneda. I'm a new member on here but I may be able to help with your problem. The reason John Clarke isn't on 1841 census is that he died in approx 1834 in Earl Stonham. John and Mary had two sons, Noah born 1821 and Jacob born 1829, both in Earl Stonham. The registration area for Earl Stonham at that time was Bosmere&Claydon, Debenham. My great grandfather was Jacob's son. I hope this helps. All the best Raven62

Offline allans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Public Tree on Ancestry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 May 13 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Raven62 - thanks for the input. Your reply raises2 issues.

'John died in 1834' is this the husband of Mary Vincent or Mary Williams?

'John and Mary had 2 sons Jacob and Noah' - however 1841 census has Jacob living with John and Mary, presumably his parents. So the John that died is NOT the father of Jacob. Your message implies that the John who died in 1834 is the father of Jacob - but if he is on the 1841 census this cannot be.

Allan
Tweedie, Garnett,  Smith - !!!, Fearnley,
Bennetts, Waterhouse, Horobin, Tranter

Offline Raven62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 May 13 19:27 BST (UK) »
Hi allans, oops, sorry, I forgot to say John was the husband of Mary Williams (married 25 Aug 1818 at Earl Stonham). Jacob, the son of John and Mary Clarke (nee Williams) of Earl Stonham is on the 1841 census information as being 11 years old (Bosmere & Claydon, Debenham Reg disct). I hope this helps a bit more.
Raven62