Author Topic: LEMON/HERON FAMILY  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Gwyn-Morris

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
LEMON/HERON FAMILY
« on: Monday 02 February 09 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am doing some research for a colleague of mine who great grandparents,garndparents and parents came from the Belfast area.

I am trying to find the birth of Robert Lemon and the date of his marriage to Eliza Heron.  I know that Robert died in 1908 and Eliza died in 1918, they had four sons, George (b1875), Robert (b1876) and William (b1880) andf John Barron Lemon (b1883)

Any information on either the Lemon or Heron family would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Gwyn

Denbighshire and Flintshire: Morris, Clutton, Evans, Roberts, Bebbington.  Yorkshire. Coatsworth, Goddard, Maltby, Harness.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: LEMON/HERON FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 February 09 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Many of the sources that will help locate details of the family are only recently online so you (or your friend) are very fortunate.
IGI (www.familysearch.org) lists 3 of the sons: George (1875), Robert (1876), William (1880)- few Irish births in IGI after 1882 so that's why John isn't listed.

1911 census for Co. Antrim and Co, Down just put online the end of December. See here to search: www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search

Even more recent is indexes to Irish BMD on LDS Pilot site. There is a death for a Robert Lemon whose death was registered July/Sept.1908. He was 63 years old (born c1845) but registration of births only started 1864 so there will be no birth certificate for him.
The marriage certificate for Robert and Eliza should list their father's names and occupations.
You should be able to get registration districts, volume and page numbers on the site to order certificate.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=2;t=searchable;c=1408347

Also, a word of warning- the surname Lemon could have numerous other spellings like Lamont, Lemond, etc.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gwyn-Morris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 February 09 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for that assistance, at least it gives me somewhere to look, perhaps a trip over the water would be advisable lol.

Thanks again

Gwyn
Denbighshire and Flintshire: Morris, Clutton, Evans, Roberts, Bebbington.  Yorkshire. Coatsworth, Goddard, Maltby, Harness.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 February 09 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi
   I cannot find the marriage which you describe but I have found a marriage of Robert James Lemon to Esther Heron on 29 Oct 1909 in Comber Non-Sudscribing Presbyterian Church, Newtownards.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline OTTO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 February 09 17:15 GMT (UK) »
from emerald ancestors

26th Jun 1874 Robert LENNON married Elizabeth Herron at  Gilford Presbyterian Church in the Parish of Tullylish, Civil District Banbridge
County Down.

Incidentally on 10th Apr 1866  a John Barron Lemon was born to a John Lemon
and Mary Barron Civil District  Belfast  Sub District Belfast No 3 County Antrim

also Marriage 11th Sep 1912  of John Barron Lemon to Jean Cesar at Belmont Presbyterian Church in the Parish of Holywood Civil District Belfast County Down

OTTO

Offline Gwyn-Morris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 February 09 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Kingerswll and Otto,

Many thanks for you replies, this is all fantastic information, I owe you all one.

Best wishes

Gwyn

Offline head-hunter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 15 January 16 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Both John And Robert Lemon brothers had a son John Barron Lemon. Roberts John married Jane Ceaser. John and Mary had another son William Thomas who was christened in Guilford.
Their Father was George Lemon but I cannot find his death even with the help of a researcher.
1862 is the last knowledge of him in a court case in Dublin were he was as a chief engineer a witness.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Headhunter,

I am very sorry but you have replied to an old member who sadly we had lost contact with some time ago.... we did do a little search with the information given but sadly nothing came up.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk