Author Topic: The Scavenger Hunts - Everyone Welcome To Join In.  (Read 94094 times)

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Scavenger Hunts - Everyone Welcome To Join In.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 February 15 12:51 GMT (UK) »
That's just reminded me to ask whether the Scavenger Hunts still on?  If so, where do I need to go to view?

Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 April 15 09:34 BST (UK) »
That's just reminded me to ask whether the Scavenger Hunts still on?  If so, where do I need to go to view?

Kit

Hi Kit, yes, they're still on and in fact there will be a new one on Tuesday.  To see the full list just go to page one and two and it will show you who/when and the link.

If you want a Scavenger Hunt, just PM me with the details.

All the best

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 06 April 15 08:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Barbara, the last one I can see is Nov 2013 Week 236 gralorn, or am I doing something wrong?  I do like a good scavenger hunt!  Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 06 April 15 09:56 BST (UK) »

Probably right, Kit... there has been a loooooooooooooooong gap in between, but you can look forward to Tuesday, it's a cracker.

All the best

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 12:27 BST (UK) »

jaybelnz Scavenger Hunt 

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01f3w/
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Isobell21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 19 April 15 18:11 BST (UK) »
I would love to join your Scavenger Hunt,my late husbands great granfather

Henry King first appears in  Quebec, in the Census of lower Canada, working as a servant he is 20 years old and born in England, this is,16 years prior to Canada becoming a Conferation.

Henry is working at this time in the household of Mr.E.Bowen who was a lawyer,Judge and Politian.

He marries Mary Ann Duffy at the Anglican Cathedral(Church of The Holy Trinity)

They are burried in Mount Hermon Cemetry.

I would like to know how and where he was born? also who were his parents.

I have requested the archavist of the Church look into church records, in hopes of finding the answer to these questions. I know all archived records are held at Bishop's University in Sherbrooke and I am awaiting a reply.

I would think you could not be married in the Church without them having all this information.

I have found something intersting in the 1841 UK Census of Hacconby,Lincolnshire,the family of George and Louisa King,George is a tailor and Louisa his wife both born about 1810

George King 30
Louisa his wife 30
George 10
Louisa 8
John 5
William 3
Henry 3

Henry 9
Elizabeth Sneath 50

no indication of how the household is related.I am assuming they did not have two sons named Henry.

I then searched 1851 Census all occupants of the 1841 Census  are there but 9 year old Henry is missising.

This family immigrates to USA later in the 1870's or 80's and the settle in northern N.Y State ...
this family refer to Louisa King nee Sneath. It is the same family I have found in 1841 minus the 9 year old Henry.

I have been in touch with the tree holder and she has no knowledge of the 9 year old.

Another curiousity is in the family of Henry and Mary Ann Duffy(they called her Auntie Annie) is the family names;

Henry King born in England
Mary Ann (Duffy) King wife b in Quebec
Henry King son born 1859 Quebec married Grace West moved to Montreal in 1894
William King son b in1860 Quebec,immigrated to Worcestor Mass.U.S.A
Anne Elizabeth daughter b.1866 Quebec,died in Montreal,buried Mt.Hermon Cemetary,Quebec
Louisa daughter died at birth 1869 Quebec,buried in Mt. Hermon Cemetary

Barber,Foden,Howarth,Horrobin,Jones

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 20 April 15 11:29 BST (UK) »

Here is the link to Isobell21's Scavenger Hunt.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01f67/
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 05:13 BST (UK) »
3rd June, 2015

Alders Scavenger Hunt.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01feq/

Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 10:22 BST (UK) »

Iv246 Scavenger Hunt.    http://www.rootschat.com/links/01fhj/

Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton