Author Topic: John WILLIAMS Ballarat  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Williams Ballarat
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 February 09 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Only have year of birh for John and Sarah John C1834 and Sarah C1844 not sure thats right  as on John Isaac bith cert says only 5 yrs between them i think this could be then

WILLIAMS   JOHN   24   MAY   1858   ZULEIKA   B   145   003
WILLIAMS   SARAH   19   MAY   1858   ZULEIKA   B   145   003

As John sr was 25 and Sarah 20 when John Isaac was born in 1859
on our 1871 census no trace of Emily 1861 maybe she died as a child but def listed on Great Britian a Thomas 1865 Herbert and him could have been twins.
They had a another child Arthur W 1871  when they got back to UK Wrexham  address was Stone Quarry Coed Christionydd!! dont know how that would be pronounced.

Val
NEWTON Plymouth Devon : LEWRY Sussex: HARTLEY Sussex: HUNFORD London: SIMMONS Cornwall : BLACKLER Devon: HARNBLOW London & Sussex : DRISCOLL London : BISHOP East Sussex: BROUGHTON Lincs : WHITMARSH Sussex :

Offline Feathertail

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Williams Ballarat
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 March 09 07:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Vall
In the family bible Sarah Leonard records that
“On Monday, 8th February 1858, John Williams, aged 25, and Sarah Leonard, aged 19, both of Ruabon, North Wales, were married in St. Paul’s Church, Liverpool, (without their parents’ knowledge or consent) and sailed to Australia.”
I imagine the marriage was not approved of.

They had the following children in Ballarat:
John Isaac Williams   Born December 20 1858 on the Miners Rights nr Ballarat Australia.          [added later in small writing]    Chrisend St Johns Church about 1862 Melboune.

Emily Williams  Born Nov 19 1860 Ballarat; later entry Emily Williams   died 15 Fabery 1862 a girl 14 months interment North Old Cemetery Balarat Australia. There is no grave stone for her.

In Melborne the following children were born:
James Leonard Williams    Born May 4th 1863 at Roslyn Street  North Melburne
Herbert Henry Williams    Born July 16 1866   North Melburne
Thomas Alfred Williams   Born Fabry 14 1868  North Melburne
Their return home is recorded on the Great Britain in March 1868

the spelling of February was great!

They came back after John's father died.
Cheers Feathertail
PS I recon they probably went to find gold and it took 10 years t save enough to return!!
They probably went to Melborne because of Emily's death. It is extreamely cold in Ballarat in winter
F

Offline Whitford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John WILLIAMS Ballarat
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 July 12 23:00 BST (UK) »
Very exciting.  John Isaac Williams was my great grandfather.  I have photo of him, his wife and their fifteen children.  Do you have other information?

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 July 12 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi
Sorry to have taken so long to reply> This is my Inlaws family and have done a few pages which maybe of interest to you if you PM your email address I will forward on the details I have. John I Williams was also my late husbands GG Grandfather and his Grandfather was LEOPOLD J Wiliams who married Ivy L Young In 1914

Val
NEWTON Plymouth Devon : LEWRY Sussex: HARTLEY Sussex: HUNFORD London: SIMMONS Cornwall : BLACKLER Devon: HARNBLOW London & Sussex : DRISCOLL London : BISHOP East Sussex: BROUGHTON Lincs : WHITMARSH Sussex :

Online judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 July 12 13:37 BST (UK) »
Whitford will need to make a couple more posts then s/he will be able to use the PM system.  :)
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Whitford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 20 July 12 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Val

Thank you for your reply.  My grandmother was Gladys Williams and she married Herbert Lelliott and lived in Worthing.  I have a copy of a clan photograph, given I think to all John and Elizabeth's children and probably taken in Oxted some time between 1910 and 1915.

I'd love to see your stuff but I'm ignorant. What is the PM system please and what criteria do I not fulfil to access it??

Whitford

Offline Whitford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 20 July 12 16:11 BST (UK) »
Oh, right.  I've checked up on PM and this is my third post so perhaps I'll be able to use it now ...

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 July 12 17:51 BST (UK) »
I take it you've got the census info for Sarah from 1851?HO107/2503/224/22.In Denbighshire Wales!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CMHD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 22 April 19 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I looking for information regarding John Isaac Williams.   I am the Curator of Aldeburgh Museum, and I believe this gentleman may be the J I Williams, who was Mayor of Aldeburgh in 1891.  If you have any information regarding this, and perhaps an image of the gentleman, I would be most grateful.
Best wishes
Catherine Howard-Dobson