Author Topic: Kilcommon Graveyard Co. Wicklow - JUDD aka JUDDE graves  (Read 40177 times)

Offline Alma

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kilcommon Graveyard Co. Wicklow - JUDD aka JUDDE graves
« Reply #27 on: Friday 18 July 14 00:43 BST (UK) »
Hello John,

Thank you for your posting - very imformative.  If you do return to the Cemetery I would really appreciate photos of the Judde Grave as Mary Ann Judd Critchley who is buried in that family plot was my g.grandmother.  I do have the transcription of the Memorial but no photographs and as I live in New Zealand.  I knew the Cemetery was none too easy to access but I did not realise the extent of it.  I am sure I will be notified by rootschat should you return to the Cemetery for photos as I am sure you will post to advise.  Genealogy is just fascinating and we are most happy with our Judde ancestors.  If you wish to have my offline email details I am happy to supply.  Warm regards

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 19 July 14 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Alma.

I will get back in the Autumn which won't be too long to wait and when the growth is all gone back and take a few snaps. I will post these to the board.

This is only pure coincidental I would say but I had reason to visit the Church of Ireland Church in Wicklow town today which is not too far away from Kilcommon Graveyard and I see the visitors book signed by a Judd from Yakima in the USA.

John.
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.

Offline Alma

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 19 July 14 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hello John

That is interesting.  I know from the tree I have that Judd family members reside in USA.
The Judd family were prominent in London in Elizabethan times and there is a Memorial to Sir Andrew Judde in St Helens,Bishopsgate. My links to them are through the Critchley family, of Bray, Co Wicklow and I have visited Bray and St Pauls Church where there are family headstones in the graveyard dating back to early 1800s but did not get to Kilcommon because of time restraints.  Good luck with the autumn trip, John.

Offline lexie1b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 20 July 14 17:38 BST (UK) »
Alma,
Your grandmother Mary Ann Critchley is my grandmother's sister.  I am pretty certain that this is true.  My grandmother was Martha Judd and her parents were Michael Judd and Anne Byrne.  We may be related!!,
Lowry, Judd, Byrne and  O'Neill

Offline Alma

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 20 July 14 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Lexie

I have Mary Ann's parents as John Judd 1775-1856 and Julia 1778-1854. 
Their children: John Judd Jnr 1800-1811, Thomas 1804-1833,Mary 1805-1809, Ambrose 1811-1837, Mary Anne 1812-1862 (married William Critchley), John 1818-1901 married Margaret Kelly 1826-1878)

Offline lexie1b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 05 October 14 23:55 BST (UK) »
Alma, I do think we are related!  You are descended from some of the same Judd's as I!  I have a family tree on ancestory named the JuddLowry tree.  Please check it out and see if you think we may be related.  My great grandfather is Michael Judd and I am pretty sure we are descendants of Ambrose.
Lowry, Judd, Byrne and  O'Neill

Offline Alma

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 06 October 14 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am not a member of Ancestry and cannot access the information.  You would need to send me details, perhaps in a personal message.

Offline Fidelma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 01 May 21 14:08 BST (UK) »
I was in the graveyard this morning & took photos of the Judd graves for you

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 05 May 21 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Fidelma. What is the graveyard like at the moment. I presume very overgrown . Would love to get back and have a look again. John
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.