Author Topic: Pennerley, Worthen Baptisms  (Read 1490 times)

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Pennerley, Worthen Baptisms
« on: Saturday 07 February 09 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to discover the baptism of Daniel Thomas about 1815 believed to be Pennerley Worthen.

Daniel was a leadminer.  In 1851 ref HO107/2498/410/4  he is living in Upper Heath & Nether Heath, Montgomeryshire with his son also Daniel age 6.   I haven't been able to find Daniel senior in 1841 or 1861.  I believe he died either in 1864 or 1865.  Does anyone know if the census pages are missing for this area?

The reason I think he was born in Pennerley was that one of his sons is living with a niece Barbara Ann Roberts in 1901, who gives her place of birth as Pennerly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Heather

MODIFIED FEB 18.  I have now obtained Daniel THOMAS marriage certificate Nov 30, 1844, widower, of full age, son of Evan THOMAS, miner.  Resident of Pennerley Parish of Worthen. 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline L O Williams

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pennerley, Worthen Baptisms
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 April 19 11:04 BST (UK) »
I am Barbara Ann Robert's great grandaughter and would be interested to hear of your connection to the family.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pennerley, Worthen Baptisms
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 April 19 13:59 BST (UK) »
If you get a chance to visit The Bog  Centre in the old School at The Bog Mine they have census returns there on show and you can view them.
It has local crafts for sale, lovely home made refreshments and registers etc you can consult.
Look it up and you may be able to make a visit.
Viktoria.