Author Topic: fryer  (Read 31225 times)

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: fryer
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 April 10 13:31 BST (UK) »
I appear to be a direct descendant of John Fryer Hempnall Norfolk and then such as Christmas Fryer etc. My Gt Grandfather was William Lawson Fryer born in Bermondsey Workhouse 1852. His father was Lawson Fryer from Hempnall. My Grandad was John Fryer born Bermondsey 1882. His father William Lawson Fryer died Walthamstow 1940. Grandad Fryer 1882-1968 had a son John Fryer and he then had a son John Fryer. Grandad also had a son William Lawson Fryer (my Uncle Will) and my mother's brother. My cousin  Allan Fryer did a tree but I do not have a copy tho my sister has a copy. Google "Walthamstow Memories" to see my work "Essex Boy" which has some Fryer photos attached in the picture gallery. My mother was Kathleen Fryer her father John Fryer (Grandad Fryer)...I can email more pics and info if contacted.

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 10 June 10 11:22 BST (UK) »
I am a direct descendant of Chritmas Fryer, Lawson Fryer etc. contact me for some info. I have ordered the will of Lawson Scarnell from the National Archives. He died 1808 and was the father of Lucy Scarnell wife of Christmas Fryer. I had an Uncle Will ie William Lawson Fryer as part of this line.

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 11 June 10 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Fryer

sorry this might be a bit late :-[

you can download Lawson Scarnell's will for free from here
http://www.norfolksources.norfolk.gov.uk/Overview.aspx?n=0&x=0

there's also a will which mentions Lucy Fryer, Lucy Scarnell and Christmas Fryer

regards
yokel

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 11 June 10 18:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Yokel. Would you like Fryer pics? I have William Lawson Fryer (My Uncle Will 1917-1985) and you can get John Fryer and Kathleen Fryer from "Walthamstow Memories" and my item "Essex Boy" text and photo gallery I attach a pic of Christmas Fryer's Great Grandson Jack Fryer seen here with wife Rose at Framlingham Castle Suffolk mid 1960s. Should that be Great Great Grandson Christmas Fryer was his Great Great Grandfather . I attach a picture of Jack Fryer Gret Great Grandson of Christmas Fryer of Hempnall outside 2 jessie Cottages Low Hall Lane Walthamstow London E17 in the early to mid 1960s

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 12 June 10 12:07 BST (UK) »
Yokel or anybody! I have got the wills of of Lawson Scarnell of Hempnall and others such as Admon relating to Christmas and Lucy Fryer. Very hard to read! It seems Lawson left £600 or £150 each child? However, is there any way of finding where they lived ie the land that Lawson Scarnell Snr then Lawson Scarnell Jnr and Christmas Fryer all farmed? The will do not give the address so far as I can see. Surely, there must be some sort of registry or map showing the land plots, houses and who owned them. They are listed as living on "The Green" which is long coun try lane leading off Bussey's Loke and can be found on Google Earth. I have a bet that two period houses and a barn cheek to cheek before a patch of open ground on the left going towards Hempnall are the Scarnell/Fryer farms...Anyone????

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 12 June 10 12:17 BST (UK) »
Yokel and any other of the tribes! I attach an RTF file (or am trying to) showing my lineage from Lawson Scarnell yeoman of Hempnall/Christmas Fryer of Hempnall and his wife Lucy nee Lucy Scarnell.

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 12 June 10 18:31 BST (UK) »
Christmas Fryer of Hempnall seems to have gone to market in Norwich Friday/Saturday and come back offering his cart for freight/passengers from "The Lamb" Norwich at 3pm every Saturday this can be seen in the Trade Directories pre and post 1851 Norfolk Sources

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 12 June 10 23:30 BST (UK) »
William Lawson Fryer born Walthamstow East London 1917 died Toronto Canada 1985 being the Great x 3 Grandson of Christmas Fryer of Hempnall and 4xGreat Grandson of Lawson Scarnell yeoman farmer of Hempnall. He was my mother's brother and my Uncle Will

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 12 June 10 23:38 BST (UK) »
John (Jack) Fryer my mother's father and my Grandad Fryer born Bermondsey London 1882 died Langthorne Hospital Leytonstone London (of TB) 1968. He was the Great Grandson of Christmas Fryer of Hempnall Great Great Grandson of Lawson Scarnell Yeoman farmer of Hempnall died 1808. Seen here at St Saviour's Walthamstow East London 12th June 1948 when his daughter Kathleen Maude Fryer married my father Kenneth Harry Stevens