Author Topic: Harrop  (Read 56591 times)

Offline Mumsie2131

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Councillor John Heap
    • View Profile
Re: harrop
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 April 08 14:23 BST (UK) »
I know there are a lot of Macclesfield and surrounding places info on the 'new' family search site because a relative of a different part of my family has found lots on the Ashworths.  Last time I looked they hadn't any more on Mottram - not the Prestbury Mottram.
I'm attempting to complete 4 generations - births, marriages, maiden nmes and deaths before I get back to the Harrops - I've just 2 deaths to do !!
I didn't know there was a Harup in Yorkshire, interestingly the chap who published the book from where my mention of Harup came is from Yorkshire and called Harrop !!!!
Heap - Holmfirth WRY
Rhodes-Flockton WRY & NE Cheshire
Ridgway- NE Cheshire & Lancahire
Roebuck - Upperthong WRY
Wild - NECheshire
Riley - NE Cheshire & Derbyshire
Greaves - NE Cheshire & Lancashire

Offline harewoodhouse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 26 April 08 22:19 BST (UK) »
Yes those new family search labs are great as it is easy to track a family using the polling records,  there is only one problem...they only do Cheshire!
If your family come from Yorkshire you are lucky as there are a whole raft of CD's that cover all the parish records etc for sale on ebay, I cant wait until Lancashire's BMD is like Cheshire's  as it really cuts down time collecting "likely suspects" and getting the order forms for he certificates.
cooke's, harrop's, jackson's, hamer's, walkers
wragg's, brown's, pickersgill, worstencroft,cavanah's

Offline Mumsie2131

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Councillor John Heap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 27 April 08 09:31 BST (UK) »
Have you discovered the Tithe Maps for Cheshire on line ?  Cheshire Tithe maps in Google or other search engine will find them, they make interesting reading and can be searched.  My American Ridgway relative found where our 3X gt grandfather was living (he was born c1770).
Heap - Holmfirth WRY
Rhodes-Flockton WRY & NE Cheshire
Ridgway- NE Cheshire & Lancahire
Roebuck - Upperthong WRY
Wild - NECheshire
Riley - NE Cheshire & Derbyshire
Greaves - NE Cheshire & Lancashire

Offline harewoodhouse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Harrop
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 27 April 08 23:47 BST (UK) »
 ;) yes they are great, there is a link to them on here, that is how I found out my james owned the main roads of the town he lived in ...I still have not found out why anyone would want to own 7 acres of roads ha-ha

Offline harewoodhouse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 23:37 BST (UK) »
Quote from: CaroPea
"I have just discovered & registered with this website, and see that you have done an awful lot of research on the Harrops of Cheshire. But unfortunately none of them connect with mine. My earliest confirmed Harrop is James bc 1828 in Warrington. I'm pretty certain I have them on the 1841 census for Lower Walton, Warrington. And I have them baptising children at St Elphin's, Warrington. If this is the same family I have father James, mother Elizabeth. Siblings Elizabeth, Thomas, Joseph, George. (My James had children Elizabeth, Joseph, Mary & William) I have searched the 1851 census to see if this family are there, but to no avail.
You have found many records, so I am wondering if any of them relate to Harrops in the Warrington area."
Quote from: CaroPea
I have searched all the relevant online sites ever since they became available, but with no luck. And yes, at that time, Warrington was in Cheshire - very near Liverpool. So I would be very grateful for any breakthrough

Hi Caropea,
all my disks, papers etc are packed up as we are moving house, so I have put these up here so anyone else searching Harrops might have something for you.
 There are just so many Harrops to look through and I have only done a small area but I dont think I have done any in Warrington only the ones that would of been in the directory lists...sorry I will keep my eyes open for you but the trouble with that is refinding you thats also why I also stuck you on here as the other day I remember reading someone looking for a Jabez Harrop I think it was on the rootsweb boards and I wanted to tell them that there is a Jabez Bailey marrying a mary ann harrop on one of my lists and think the name Jabez was not so common that there might be a connection, but now I cant find the person or the post ::) to reply to.  good luck with your search...sue

Offline cr7rocker14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 07:58 BST (UK) »
harrop, john thomas 1868 bollington Cheshire, England

^
|
|
this is my My ggg grandfather!!
:]

i live in usa!

Offline harewoodhouse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 08:57 BST (UK) »
 ;D nice to meet you, john thomas harrop is the brother of one of my family of harrops

Offline harewoodhouse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 09:06 BST (UK) »
john thomas harrop born bollington 1868 grandparents james harrop 1803-1871 and sarah gosling 1806-1845 , parents william harrop 1842-1896 and ellen arnold 1844-, brothers and sisters william 1867 (who my line connect to) james 1870, sarah ellen 1872, mary 1876, margaret 1879 and henry 1881

Offline harewoodhouse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 09:20 BST (UK) »
 :) it seems james harrop his grandfather married 4 times and had children who survived to 2 wives, he lost 2 wives in childbirth
james was born in manchester 1803 died macclesfield 1871 farmed at beeston (beestow) brow in bollington now greenlane farm, his first wife was elizabeth wright 1804- 9 feb 1836 buried prestbury in the wright family plot aged 32 they had , john 1827, elizabeth 1829, david 1833-1874 and ann 1834
to sarah gosling 1806-1845 he had , james 1838, martha sarah 1839, william 1842-1896, elizabeth 1845 who died being born along with her mother
he also married tomasin harrison 1811-1850 she died having a baby called john 1850-1850
and he then married sarah davies nee jackson 1819-1878 who had 2 children to her first marriage but none to him.