Author Topic: Michigan Passenger List Lookup.  (Read 12723 times)

Offline A and E

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Passenger List Lookup.
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 15 February 09 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Jacquie,
Thanks for your help.  I am certainly showing my age. I need a new pair of glasses along with a new knee joint in the near future!

AandE

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Passenger List Lookup.
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 14:25 GMT (UK) »

I did post a bit of a item about your Father`s name. But I don`t know if it was posted. So here goes again. Gandley is a well known name around Co, Mayo. There was a great Fiddle Player and there is a wall plaque in his name on a Wall near Arlow Abby ?spelling near Toorrean, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo, Ireland. The name Ganley/Gandley are connected . Wonderful spot.
Just a little information.

AandE.

Thanks!  My Gandley/Ganley seems to go back and forth between Roscommon and Mayo.  I have been told that my gr gr gr grandfather played the harp, so some music talent in the family  :)  My gr grandfather was also a bigamist, that's his family in my avatar.  He left us after the 1st war and went back to England and started a 2nd family.   My dad started searching in 1969 for him and maybe 10 years ago we finally found him.  Apparently he never contacted anyone of his brothers or nieces and nephews ever again.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!