Author Topic: Martin / Gilmore Enniskillen  (Read 5737 times)

Offline MMBDFMD89

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Martin / Gilmore Enniskillen
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 April 17 02:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm looking for any information regarding my Great grandfather Joseph Martin b Enniskillen abt 1877. I have no other details other than his marriage to a Mary Gilmore abt 1901/2. Mary was born in abt 1880 to Thomas and Jane Gilmore.  The Gilmore's were also from Enniskillen.

I have looked up Jane Gilmore on Emerald ancestors and she is there in the 1901 census but can't tell if it is her as it won't let you look at the original document (even with a subscription!!!)

Once married they moved to Liverpool where I have found them (including Jane) in the 1911 census.

Any help would be appreciated

Dave
My relations come from Cavanacross outside Enniskillen.... Joseph Martin grt grandfather, is this any help he was married in St.Michaels and his father was James Martin but still trying to find his wife's name. regards Moira in Scotland.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Martin / Gilmore Enniskillen
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 April 17 08:51 BST (UK) »
My relations come from Cavanacross outside Enniskillen.... Joseph Martin grt grandfather, is this any help he was married in St.Michaels and his father was James Martin but still trying to find his wife's name. regards Moira in Scotland.

When was your Joseph Martin born? if after 1864 there should be a birth certificate listing names of both parents (unless illegitimate).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!