Author Topic: ILLMAN FAMILY OF WORTH SUSSEX  (Read 25929 times)

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ILLMAN FAMILY OF WORTH SUSSEX
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 February 08 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eilleen.

Yes I have found people are so kind on this site and you are one of them.

I will make sure William has a good home here.

Thankyou so much.

Kind regards Jean.
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline OneBigFamily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 August 08 20:02 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for any info on the ILLMAN family of Worth.
Richard Illman married Mary Blundell there in 1818,they had a son Josiah born 1820.Then unable to find the family until Josiah married Sarah Rolfe in London 1843.Where did they go?
Also does any one have info on Richard and his family?
         Thanks Jean,Perth Australia.

reply from Penny - researching Illman (Thomas who married Lydia Dancy 7 Nov 1809 Worth, Sussex)
Richard Illman who was registered to vote in Worth, Sussex in 1832, did vote in Worth Sussex in 1832 - Source East Sussex List of the Registered for 1832 Poll. (And a Thomas Illman voted in Ditchling if anybody is interested!).
My Lydia Dancy married a Thomas Illman and in 1841 she was found surrounded by countless relatives nearby the Crown Inn, Turners Hill, Worth  Sussex
Dancy Dancey Crowter Binney Outred Cowdry Bowmer Kensett Alderton Akers Killick

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 August 08 01:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Penny.

Thankyou for the info.

I think your Thomas maybe my Richard's brother.I have a Thomas born 1785 who was Richard's brother sons of William and Sarah Illman.

My Richard remarried Strood Kent 1835 and I have found both Richard and Josiah living in Kent in the 1841 census.

So if it was my Richard who voted in 1832 he moved to Kent between 1832 and 1835.

I am now looking for his first wife's Mary death and if there were any more children from their marriage,I have yet to find Josiah's baptism.

Kind regards Jean.
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline OneBigFamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 August 08 23:44 BST (UK) »
Jean

I checked my transcripts of burials for Crawley, West Grinstead and Bolney and could not find any burials for his first wife Mary before for in 1835.

Your Richard and my Thomas could possibly be brothers.  (I have not come across any conclusive proof though).  Unable to find my Thomas in 1841 and thereafter.  Have not found a death or burial for Thomas.

Plod on...
Penny
Dancy Dancey Crowter Binney Outred Cowdry Bowmer Kensett Alderton Akers Killick

Offline DavidIllman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 24 September 08 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean

I came across this site and your quest whilst googling myself!  As an Illman living in Sussex I was wondering how your search was going?  I am a photographer so I'm fascinated to see the images of old Illmans.  Would love to know the story.

Many thanks

David.

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 07 October 08 01:15 BST (UK) »
Hi David.

I sent you a PM but you never got back to me!I do have photos of some of my Illmans if you would like them,but  I need your email address.

Jean.

Offline kerrycullen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 12 June 09 13:41 BST (UK) »
I know this thread is quite old, so I don't know if any of you will see this but I really hope you will.
My name is Kerry Illman. I am looking into my family history so I'm so glad I found this site. I saw this thread and just had to join.
My surname comes from my mother's side of the family. Her name is Susan Illman, her father was Gordon Illman, he was born in Surrey in 1935. His mother was Elizabeth/Elsie Illman, but she died when my granddad was young from complications with an abortion and so my granddad was taken into care, this is why we don't know much about his side. I've been told that his foster mother always told him his real father's name was Charles Richardson, but the name Illman came from his mother's side and her parents were William Illman and Edith Illman previously Garford.
I know Elizabeth/Elsie had two brothers and one sister, their names are/were Alf, Bill and Grace. Alf has two sons that I know of, they are called Alan and David Illman. Gordon Illman married June Stockwell, and they had three children, Linda, Sue and Colin, Sue went on to have me. And here I am :) If you think this is relevant to your family please get in touch. I'd love to learn about you all.

Best wishes,
Kerry xx

Offline Chris in 1066Land

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Forever Searching, Forever Learning"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 12 June 09 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry

Welcome to Rootschat and especially the Sussex pages.

Everyone who has contributed to this thread will automatically get a notification that a reply has been posted (unless they opted out of course) - so dosn't matter how old it is, they will know you have posted.

As I said, welcome aboard

Chris in 1066
One of Rootschats Founder Members RIP 1942-2021
Living at the Heart of English History in 1066Land. 
www.Rootschat.com/history/hastings

Swarbrooke Family Heritage
https://swarbrooke.co.uk

Own Ancestral Website:    http://maythornemill.webs.com                                          
Monumental Sculptures Website:    http://Tombstones.webs.com

Local History Site: http://zouch.webs.com
Baldslow Local History site
http://web.archive.org/web/20140626153455/http://www

Offline kerrycullen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 12 June 09 15:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Chris :) I suppose I just want to know a little bit more about where I come from :D x