Author Topic: Rollitt in Edwinstowe  (Read 1141 times)

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Rollitt in Edwinstowe
« on: Thursday 12 February 09 10:49 GMT (UK) »
I have traced my direct paternal line back to William Rollitt who was born about 1640, possibly in Edwinstowe. He married in about 1663 to Mary and they had at least James bap.5 Jun 1664 in Edwinstowe and Joshua bap.17 Aug 1673 in Edwinstowe (my ancestor).

According to the IGI, the father of William Rollitt could have been Robert Rollitt who would have been born about 1620, possibly in Edwinstowe. This Robert Rollitt married Elizabeth Pawson on 23 Apr 1644 in Edwinstowe. The couple are known to have had a daughter bap.28 Mar 1645 in Edwinstowe, but I can find no evidence that they also has a son William before their daughter. I know it's a shot in the dark, but can anyone help?

Thanks,
Simon Rollitt

Offline nosluap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rollitt in Edwinstowe
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 January 10 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have just read your entry about Edwinstowe posted about a year ago.    The Register for Edwinstowe is held at The Finsen Light Institute of America.   It does have a search facility.

You may have the following already - if so skip it...

The surname Rollett is also the same as Rellatt according to the index.

1602 17th March Robert Rellatt baptised at Edwinstowe
1643 24th November Ales (Alice) Rollett buried at Edwinstowe
1644 23rd April Robert Rollett  married Elizabeth Pawson at Edwinstowe
1645 28th March ...ye  (Other entries have Marye) daughter of Robert Rollett baptised at Edwinstowe
1653 8th April Robert Rollett paterfamilia' buried in Edwinstowe
1656 20th May William Rollett of Edwinstowe and Elizabeth Clarke of Clarborough married before Henry Johnson JP
1657 13th December the unbaptised son of William Rollett was buried at Edwinstowe the day that he was born
1660 11th September Elizabeth Rollett buried at Edwinstowe
1664 5th June James son of William Rollett and Mary baptised at Edwinstowe
1673 17th August Joshua the son of William Rollett and Mary baptised at Edwinstowe

Think that's the lot

nosluap