Author Topic: SIT: Surname Duncum  (Read 11785 times)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
SIT: Surname Duncum
« on: Friday 13 February 09 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.

I added the surname DUNCUM to the list a couple of days ago and it's showing in the surname search but not in my list.   I have double checked and it's showing when i go to edit my names , it's just not there on the bigger table.

This has been such a valuable resource to me and i have contact lots of Rootchatters. Keep up the good work :)

---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Duncum
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 February 09 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fitty,

Are you referring to the "Show all with my Interests" list ?

some time ago, there was a discussion about this.
Many people felt it didn't mena anything to see their own name in this list ...
i.e. "I already know that I am looking for Baxendales, I just want to know who else is .."  etc.
... so we decided to leave our own name and just include those of other researchers.

So if you are the only person looking for DUNCUM, then it won't appear in the above list.

regards,
Bob

ps,
General, for everybody:
if in any doubt, check the A-Z (Surname Search) first. 
If you are the only RootsChatter searching for a particular name,
then it won't appear in your "Show all with my Interests" list
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Duncum
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 February 09 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Ah!!   I knew i wouldn't see my name on there it must be i'm the only one who is researching that particular name.......just my flipping luck  lolol

Thanks anyway Bob :)
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe