Author Topic: All about Middleton (near Oldham and Manchester)  (Read 1396 times)

Offline thisismiddleton

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
All about Middleton (near Oldham and Manchester)
« on: Saturday 14 February 09 20:59 GMT (UK) »
I have just put the finished touches to the relauched http://thisismiddleton.co.uk.  The website has been created in order to tell the on-going story of the town of Middleton and it's people.  At the moment only the 'famous' Middletonians are mentioned on the website, what I would like to do is create pages dedicated to the regular folk of past in the town and tell their stories, can you help, do you have connections to Middleton?

Duplicate post here: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,36094.0.html

Offline 7igerby7he7ail

• RootsChat Member
  • Where are they?
    • View Profile
Re: All about Middleton (near Oldham and Manchester)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Some of my distant cousins lived and worked in Middleton [the Gaunts] from about 1900
I myself lived there 1956-63.

I have visited Manchester on a regular basis since then but
I have never even passed Middleton by in all that time. Must have changed somewhat in the last 45 years.

Tree
GAUNT N Staffordshire,GAUNT Manchester.GUY,Shropshire, BARTLEY,Salford, Lancs, NEVILLE,Salford. PHILLIPS,Staffs, MAYER,Staffs,COSSAR,Berwick, E and Mid Lothian and Argyll. HIGGINS,Glasgowand Dunoon,Argyll.GALLAGHER,Argyll,IRISH,Herts.

Offline choccybiccy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: All about Middleton (near Oldham and Manchester)
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 April 09 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi
My gggrandparents married in Middleton by Oldham in 1830, my gggrandmother was Sarah Nicholls b.1810 Canelfririt Lane, Lancashire she married James Needham. I have just posted asking if anyone can tell me where Canelfririt Lane was. This location features on the census as Sarah's birthplace, do you know of a Canelfririt Lane in Middleton.

Thankyou