Author Topic: Cain from Newfield Nr Newport  (Read 4988 times)

Offline aynsley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Cain from Newfield Nr Newport
« on: Sunday 15 February 09 23:59 GMT (UK) »
Found my ancestor on the 1911 census and finally gives her place of birth as Newfield Nr Newport Co Mayo which I understand is in the barony of Burrishoole. Does anyone know of how I could go about finding births or baptisms for this area from c1830 to 1840. The next child born in  1846 was born in Stockport, Cheshire, England. How did they get to England in those days, did they have to emmigrate and if so are there records?
Thanks for any help and information you can give me
Chatterton - Stockport, Espley - Newcastle -u-Lyme, Pashley - Worksop,Nottingham, Fox - Burslem, Faulkner - Staffordshire, Grunnell/Grunwell - Yorkshire, Price Hanmer, Cain - Co Mayo, Pickering - Shropshire, Phillips - Shropshire, Shufflebottom - Staffordshire, Bowker - Gorton, Slater - Oldham

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cain from Newfield Nr Newport
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 February 09 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Civil registration of births began in 1864 so there will be no birth certificates. For pre-1864 births you need to search for church records (if they exist).
Ireland was part of the United Kingdom just like England so it was merely a matter of moving from one part to another. No records were kept of people travelling between Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aynsley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Cain from Newfield Nr Newport
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 February 09 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou
Chatterton - Stockport, Espley - Newcastle -u-Lyme, Pashley - Worksop,Nottingham, Fox - Burslem, Faulkner - Staffordshire, Grunnell/Grunwell - Yorkshire, Price Hanmer, Cain - Co Mayo, Pickering - Shropshire, Phillips - Shropshire, Shufflebottom - Staffordshire, Bowker - Gorton, Slater - Oldham