Author Topic: Update on Frank Logan.  (Read 7015 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Frank Logan.
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 21 February 09 07:33 GMT (UK) »
LOGAN, WILLIAM   at   GERALDTON reg52 yr1944

Here s William's death index registration .
If you order the certificate, you may learn who his parents were and more.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline flogged

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 21 February 09 07:42 GMT (UK) »
I really must nag sister much heavier, she should be able without trouble, get hold of Williams death cert, this should give his place of birth shouldn't it?
as in or near Glasgow.
Freer, Stewart, Blair, Bruce, Wylie, Henderson, Nichols, Ward, Weddell, Waddell, Lear, Gruneison, Maitland, Freeman, Sawyers, Logan, Phillips, Whitely.
and several others.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 21 February 09 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Agree wholeheatedly re the death cert flogged. I don't know that the others are connected. (certainly not closely) Allan was born in SA. There is a tree.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~suekirke/K_Connections/Aust%20Logans/Alogn00i.htm

He is married to Laura and is a Salesman/traveller in the Electoral Rolls. William is an Engine Driver in 1925 and Lab in 1936. (Not spotted in Geralton until after marriage) I don't see George in the Electoral Rolls in Geraldton and he does not appear to connect obviously with Allan. (no birth for George in SA to fit)

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline flogged

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 21 February 09 07:55 GMT (UK) »
all children of the particular parent on cert should be written in as well,
found that out when my mother died, it had 2 more than what we knew about. we found them soon after.
Freer, Stewart, Blair, Bruce, Wylie, Henderson, Nichols, Ward, Weddell, Waddell, Lear, Gruneison, Maitland, Freeman, Sawyers, Logan, Phillips, Whitely.
and several others.

Offline JBMCA

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 24 September 14 08:47 BST (UK) »
My name is Jo
A lot of these names sound familiar.
My nana's name was Myrtle Jean Bantow and her fathers name was Thomas Henry Bantow (buried at Youanmi Cemetery in WA).  Nana's brother was Frank and sisters Gladys and Florence (mother Sarah (I think nee Perry), I think she said her first mother died and her father remarried.  I don't know too much about her fathers history (or her sisters, I do vaguely remember meeting Aunty Glad a few times).  Nana lost contact with Frank (Francis Alexander Bantow) and thought he had been killed in the war but thanks to the internet I see he was still alive unbeknown to her.

Anyway I know nana's sister Gladys married a Logan and they lived in Albany (I believe Aunty Glad and her husband which I think was also Frank both died in Albany, I don't recall how old he was maybe 60+ when he died and her maybe 70+).  Most of my relatives married people from Geraldton, Mullewa/Morrawa and those regions.

Offline pmdrummond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 09 December 18 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Bit late in replying, but....

My Great Grandmother was Gladys Bantow.  Daughter of Thomas Henry Bantow.  She married William Keeffe of Mullewa, West Australia.  Her sisters were Myrtle and Agnes (pretty sure there was a couple of others too but not too sure off top of my head - I know Ida May the oldest half sister went back to Eastern states and there was an older sister also Gladys Bantow who died young).  Agnes married William Logan in Mt Magnet WA I think and then they moved back to Youanmi (also spelled Youanmi).  This is the Agnes who died in Geraldton.  I think some of you are referring to an Agnes of an older generation maybe.

Offline Berna

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 07:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo, Granddaughter of Myrtle, I am granddaughter of Gladys Muriel Keeffe nee Bantow sister to Myrtle who lived in Mullewa I remember your grandmother coming to stay in Mullewa with Nanna and she was a real character. I think you will find Agnes their sister married Logan and they lived in Geraldton. Ida May who was Thomas and Sarahs eldest daughter lived in Melbourne she died at a early age and lived at Middle Park and one my sister now lives a couple of streets away from where she lived about a 100 years ago