Author Topic: CHILDS of Melbury Osmond  (Read 18068 times)

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: CHILDS of Melbury Osmond
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 March 09 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Me again,

I've forgotten how to start messages as a new user, but how I got to you was to click on your name at the side of the postings and then there was an option of sending a personal message. If mine don't reach you perhaps you can try it?

Kelly  :D
Adams; Baylis; Bartlett; Bowyer; Brant; Bull; Carrick; Childs; Darby; Diamond; Dowling; Driver; Elford; Elliott; Fallows; Farmer; Gibbons; Ginger; Gregory; Hennessey; Kirtland; Lakin; Langley; MacCarthy; Manwaring; Miller; Morgan; Morris; Payne; Reardon; Robinson; Rose; Ruddell-Todd; Smith; Sullivan; Stephenson; Stevens; Todd; Trend; Webber; Wetton; Wood; Woodings; Wrathall.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 March 09 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Iris,

Welcome to RootsChat.  ;D I am pleased to see that you have connected with Kelly.

As a new member it takes three posts for the PM system to open up to you. Just reply here  ;) and then you should be able to contact Kelly privately. (or vice versa) To send a PM just click on the little green Scroll under her name in her reply above. If she is online she will receive it instantly, if not she will receive it when she next logs in. ;D

All the best...........Kris  :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Iris B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 March 09 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kris

Thanks for your help.

Iris

Offline maz1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 March 09 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Iris
would love to have a chat re the Childs, Ive only just got back on line due to pc crash. But will sort out during the week and reply again
all the best
Marian

Offline Iris B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 March 09 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marian

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Iris

Offline gilly3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 July 09 13:24 BST (UK) »
My husband's 4xgt.grandmother was Elina Childs, b. 1778 in Melbury Osmond, daughter of Thomas & Margaret Childs.  Margaret's maiden name was also Childs, but I haven't yet found out if she and Thomas were (perhaps) cousins.  I also haven't been able to find Thomas's parents and wonder if any other Childs researchers had come across Thomas and could give me some clues, please?  I know about Thomas only because of Elina's baptism entry. 

Many thanks,
Gill
Pope, Woolcott, Britton, Ireland, Turpitt, Shaddick, Mogridge, Corney, Pratt, Haddock, Belcher, Gigg, Tucker, John

Offline ery-mania

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 18:38 GMT (UK) »
My 3x Grandfather, Benjamin Hurlstone (1803 - 1879) was born, married and died in Melbury Osmond. He married HANNAH CHILDS on 23 September 1823 at St Osmonds Church.

In the 1851 census for Melbury Osmond  Hannah is recorded as born in Sherborne and was 53 years old which gives a birth date of 1798. The 1841 census for Melbury Osmond states her age as 45 years old which gives a birth date of 1796.

However, I have been totally unable to find any Hannah Childs born in or around Sherborne.......is there anyone out there who may have some information regarding Hannah's birth and parents.

Regards
Jeff

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 14:17 BST (UK) »
Samuel's son Samuel born in 1774 married Elizabeth daughter of David born 1779, I am assuming they were cousins.

Kelly  :)

Hi Kelly

I am helping an elderly gentleman with his Childs family from Melbury Osmond.
His side is also descended through Samuel b 1774 who married Elizabeth in abt 1806.
Their son Samuel b 1809 married a Sarah in abt 1836....do you know what Sarah's maiden name was please? She was from Melbury Bubb.The period in the mid 1830's is missing from the OPC site DOH !!!

Many thanks

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 21:28 BST (UK) »
Sorry Jeff, I don't have any Hannah's in my information, I do hope you manage to find out about her.
Same for you Gill, I've had the same issues with the origins of earlier Childs in my tree, and a Childs marrying a Childs, but no idea of their relationship. There are so many in Melbury Osmond, I am sure they all connect somewhere!

Kelly.
Adams; Baylis; Bartlett; Bowyer; Brant; Bull; Carrick; Childs; Darby; Diamond; Dowling; Driver; Elford; Elliott; Fallows; Farmer; Gibbons; Ginger; Gregory; Hennessey; Kirtland; Lakin; Langley; MacCarthy; Manwaring; Miller; Morgan; Morris; Payne; Reardon; Robinson; Rose; Ruddell-Todd; Smith; Sullivan; Stephenson; Stevens; Todd; Trend; Webber; Wetton; Wood; Woodings; Wrathall.